So you decided to fight someone in your browns(off the clock)

outamyway

This involves another one of my fellow EAM drivers. He was off the clock.

So without getting into the whole story, what kind of disciplinary action can be taken after getting into a fight with a non-employee, away from the lot, in your browns?

There were plenty of witnesses, and apparently video surveillance. The other involved came to the facility and asked to talk to the head of security and may press charges.

Do you think he'll lose his job?

DS

Fenderbender
lots of things come into play,who started it,what was it about,I cant see him losing his job unless he was being a goof.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Bad news, if he still had his browns he was representing the company. Your friend needs to make better choices in judgement. And also needs to learn to walk away from a fight.

I've looked and looked on google and cant find it but there used to be a video on youtube.com of a driver in his browns fighting at a sports game and it was pretty funny

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Bad news, if he still had his browns he was representing the company. Your friend needs to make better choices in judgement. And also needs to learn to walk away from a fight.

Life is all about making good decisions. He should have walked away. And what was so important that he had to jump somebody?

Tyler Durden

Enlightend
The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
what an amature , first thing you do is take off your shirt when you go mix it up. Every tough guy knows that . thats one less thing your aponent or the crowd can grab onto or use against you. I dont think you could get in trouble (with UPS anyway) for wearing brown pants with no logo.
unless he walked up to the guy and just smacked him for no reason and then continued to beat him while the other guy obviously didnt want to fight ( which is pretty chickensh#%t and cowardly) then its mutual combat ,it doesnt matter who started it,it takes two to tango. I`m sure the other guy will drop charges if your freind presses charges back.
I do hope your freind is not a bully and started on someone who deserved it and at least fought back. If not he deserves everything he gets.
If he is aresssted for asult and doesn`t make it in to work due to jail time then he will lose his job.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your not suppose to wear your full uniform to or from work. If he was to bring his shirt to work this probably wouldnt have happened. Was he at the bar getting loaded to?

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
705red, that's not a rule anymore, at least not in the Northwest region. We can wear our uniforms too and from work (and before, you could wear your shirt, but not your pants in our district). I don't think he can be disciplined for it. Though you can claim "he was representing UPS", he also was on his own time. Unless you can find something in UPS's conduct book that states it otherwise, or in our agreement, I doubt they can do anything to him. Have drivers at a local "UPS bar" who wear their shirts in quite a bit. Never had a one discharged or repremanded for it (though management have been in there WITH them drinking lol). I know it looks bad, but if he's off the clock and off the premises, he's not a UPS employee anymore. If he was arrested at home, with his browns on, and is arrested for domestic abuse and drug out of his house with his uniform on, should he be fired? People could film him as he's drug away in cuffs. I say no, but you'd need to talk to a business agent first.

705red

Browncafe Steward
705red, that's not a rule anymore, at least not in the Northwest region. We can wear our uniforms too and from work (and before, you could wear your shirt, but not your pants in our district). I don't think he can be disciplined for it. Though you can claim "he was representing UPS", he also was on his own time. Unless you can find something in UPS's conduct book that states it otherwise, or in our agreement, I doubt they can do anything to him. Have drivers at a local "UPS bar" who wear their shirts in quite a bit. Never had a one discharged or repremanded for it (though management have been in there WITH them drinking lol). I know it looks bad, but if he's off the clock and off the premises, he's not a UPS employee anymore. If he was arrested at home, with his browns on, and is arrested for domestic abuse and drug out of his house with his uniform on, should he be fired? People could film him as he's drug away in cuffs. I say no, but you'd need to talk to a business agent first.
Its still the rule in chicago.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Hey me to man, but its no good to do things half assed either, if youre gonna love love if your gonna fight fight if you`re gonna get fired get fired ...

UK...I've been reading your posts for the last couple weeks. I'm starting to agree with Tie: you are a loose cannon! I really wish the union didn't have to fight for the loose cannons, lazies and other unmotivated hourlies, particularly when they friend*ckup! Sadly, that's not gonna happen. -Rocky