So...

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
image.jpeg

working long hours is no way to live.

UPS treats its workers like dirt. the quality of the workers at UPS wasnt as good as the railway. UPS has a culture where the workers work hard. my current job, and my railway job isnt like that. fuel trucking im not sure was easier than UPS; we used to steal time at the refinery. otherwise the trucks were bugged like UPS. the economy is like something out of a george orwell book with all the spy tech.

honestly you guys should be cautiously congratulating this guy: hes quit a decent paying job in a mediocre economy, but he works out and is going to school for something better.
I fear the golden days of working as a UPS delivery driver are soon to be gone. The 100k/yr paychecks for delivering Amazon packages is not sustainable. Along with the lifetime pension liability.

rickyb

I fear the golden days of working as a UPS delivery driver are soon to be gone. The 100k/yr paychecks for delivering Amazon packages is not sustainable. Along with the lifetime pension liability.
what im interested in is how has work conditions (im assuming) deteriorated over the years. its possible UPS has gotten better for its workers over the years while the economy as a whole has gotten worse, but i doubt it.

what im interested in is how has work conditions (im assuming) deteriorated over the years. its possible UPS has gotten better for its workers over the years while the economy as a whole has gotten worse, but i doubt it.
New package cars with automatic transmissions and power steering are a plus but the stop counts have at least doubled over the years. Along with irregs and over weights and multiple packages deliveries and later start times and more early commit times and micro managing.

F

Frankie's Friend

New package cars with automatic transmissions and power steering are a plus but the stop counts have at least doubled over the years. Along with irregs and over weights and multiple packages deliveries and later start times and more early commit times and micro managing.
How many years? Our start times are 10-15 min later than 25 yrs ago and most routes here have seen a 10-15% del stop count increase since 1997.

hey i got 84% in bio 12...and i coulda rewrote a test and got 86 / 87. now im doing physics (but i havent done any last 2 days).

i do a job i consider better than UPS as well, because even though i make $5 less per hour than UPS drivers, its much easier, no heavy lifting.
You barely make half of what a ups driver in the US makes.

rickyb

You barely make half of what a ups driver in the US makes.
im comparing canadian UPS to me.

i work with one so i would know, plus i worked at UPS a few years ago.

some guys at my job make the same because they have a commission bonus