So...

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I'm sitting in a chair at an Amazon flex pickup station checking drivers in on a clipboard and telling them what door they should report to.

And I'm making 75 cents more an hour than I would at UPS

And I've been working preload for almost 4 years now

Why is this ok?

Last edited:

lolbr

Do you get time and a half after 5 hours? Are you getting paid medical/dental? Are you getting pension credit? Is there a guaranteed path to $36 an hour assuming you can pass a 30 day probation period?

$0.75 per hour isn't much.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Do you get time and a half after 5 hours? Are you getting paid medical/dental? Are you getting pension credit? Is there a guaranteed path to $36 an hour assuming you can pass a 30 day probation period?

$0.75 per hour isn't much.

But it's a lot less work. And :censored2: driving I plan on going back to school

542thruNthru

You and rickyb could be best friends. Always complaining and always "planning" on doing something.

You're PT stop "planning" to go back to school and go already.

Also in 4 years you'll get maybe a 75c raise at Amazon. Less work or not it's a dead end job that's why it pays more.

brown_trousers

I'm sitting in a chair at an Amazon flex pickup station checking drivers in on a clipboard and telling them what door they should report to.

And I'm making 75 cents more an hour than I would at UPS

And I've been working preload for almost 4 years now

Why is this ok?
The younger generations only look at $ per hour. As you get older you realize the value of healthcare, retirement, growth potential, job security, etc... all of that factors into your compensation

If you truly think that amazon job is better, then by all means, quit UPS and pursue your future with amazon.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Good for you.
Someone with bigger legs could "stand" a chance at a full-time UPS driver position now.
The younger generations only look at $ per hour. As you get older you realize the value of healthcare, retirement, growth potential, job security, etc... all of that factors into your compensation

If you truly think that amazon job is better, then by all means, quit UPS and pursue your future with amazon.

My future is with myself. I'm going to enjoy the higher pay per hour with less work and no loss of benefits while they pay for my school.