socialized healthcare

rickyb

this is the second retweet ive seen from just the few twitter feeds i looked up. its hell care:

David
@_davidrohmer

·
22h
It’s heartwarming to see all of the opponents of universal healthcare come together, fighting to ensure that people like me will ration insulin and participate in medicine black markets for years to come.
Quote Tweet
gjkVMelR_normal.png

The New York Times
@nytimes
· Mar 2
Pete Buttigieg will endorse Joe Biden’s campaign for president, as the Democratic Party’s moderate wing coalesces around Biden in an effort to stop Bernie Sanders Buttigieg and Klobuchar Endorse Biden, Aiming to Slow Sanders

Box Ox

It’s heartwarming to see all of the opponents of universal healthcare come together, fighting to ensure that people like me will ration insulin and participate in medicine black markets for years to come.

I think one of Bernie’s problems is that his proposal for American universal healthcare is more generous than what the healthcare systems of countries like Canada and the UK currently provide.

More expensive than it needs to be. I’m completely on board with all Americans being covered but politicians should approach its implementation more realistically.

rickyb

I think one of Bernie’s problems is that his proposal for American universal healthcare is more generous than what the healthcare systems of countries like Canada and the UK currently provide.

More expensive than it needs to be. I’m completely on board with all Americans being covered but politicians should approach its implementation more realistically.
they are trying to privatize the UK system....like any govt run thing theres lots of money to be made if its private.

im not sure if the canadian one is better than UK one. i heard UK had a flat rate for drug prices.

i recall hearing that if america copied the french system exactly, then america could eliminate the income tax. i think the french have one of the best ones.

ive seen some interesting tweets about coronavirus and US healthcare like poor workers who dont have paid sick days, and how you are only as healthy as the least healthy person around you. i guess staying in isolation at your home requires you to not be broke as hell.

im sick right now but i only used 2 hours of my 80 hours annual paid sick leave as i prefer to use sick leave for rafting, skiing, or if im pooped in the summer time.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
It’s for those who can afford it? Or is it an issue of freedom? People shouldn’t be force to be insured.

Well, we could get everybody insured and they are free not to use the care.

If you can't afford it it isn't the job of the Government to provide it for you. Especially when it is being paid for by tax payers.

The Government forcing Insurance companies to cover expensive preexisting conditions is a clear overreach and abuse of power.

The Government shouldn't be involved in mandating we purchase a product from a private sector business.

watdaflock?

t

If it keeps my drug dealer in business, I'm all for it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you can't afford it it isn't the job of the Government to provide it for you. Especially when it is being paid for by tax payers.

The Government forcing Insurance companies to cover expensive preexisting conditions is a clear overreach and abuse of power.

The Government shouldn't be involved in mandating we purchase a product from a private sector business.
I'm mandated to purchase car insurance.

bbsam

Staff member

That would be cool but I think they have to go further. Government shouldn’t mandate any company of any six provide insurance. I think everyone should have to buy it.

rickyb

It’s for those who can afford it? Or is it an issue of freedom? People shouldn’t be force to be insured.

Well, we could get everybody insured and they are free not to use the care.
i wonder in countries with socialized medicine does the government actually want you to use healthcare or would they prefer if you just stay at home and die. probably the second.

It will be fine

No tests or no widespread tests? We’ll get there if Trump wants to be re-elected.
Trump couldn’t organize a proper response even if he wanted to. South Korea has drive up testing. Pence was bragging about 1500 test kits going out. Plan on getting the virus, hope to be in the 80% that has little to no symptoms.