socialized healthcare

rickyb

i work at a hospital. we do 12 hour shifts which in my mind is horse:censored2:. we might make patients wait for their ecgs because we want there to be a few so we can save energy and do them all at once.

rickyb

Who wouldn't? But this is also America, and I would hope we could come up with something better than what Canada has. There's plenty of different ways of fixing it.
the US system is the only lightly regulated market system in the west i think. we dont have ads for healthcare here, the only ads will be for prevention like how to stop an OD or heart attack.

rickyb

By the way... “Happy Canada Day” 🇨🇦

What were you doing when the cop broke your arm?
theyve uncovered alot of native america slaughter sites this year so some canadians arent celebrating. i worked 36 hours last 3 days so im bed ridden and procrastinating studying

rickyb

im shocked how much american nurses get offered for contract work $130 / hr??? wonder what it is here. nurses here make about $45/hr for non contract plus benefits and pension.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
im shocked how much american nurses get offered for contract work $130 / hr??? wonder what it is here. nurses here make about $45/hr for non contract plus benefits and pension.
This is extremely rare. 150-200 an hour would be what my wife would make as locums.

Normally regular nurses make 30-35 no pension pay a fair amount for healthcare. Locums nurses usually 50-60 an hour.

rickyb

This is extremely rare. 150-200 an hour would be what my wife would make as locums.

Normally regular nurses make 30-35 no pension pay a fair amount for healthcare. Locums nurses usually 50-60 an hour.
im in a mid sized town in ontario with affordable housing and we make more than workers do in vancouver which is terribly unaffordable its wierd.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
harvard medical says 45,000 americans die unnecessarily each year because they cant get healthcare. to quote team america world police: thats 12 sept 11s each year.

meanwhile the america spends 50% of the federal budget on military empire (this includes costs of caring for the soldiers after they come home, long term interest, etc). insane!

'Socialized' or not, Britain's health care system is superior – Center for Public Integrity

wendel who wrote this story, was working for a big healthcare corporation and was originally hired to spy on michael moore when he was making his sicko documentary until he grew a conscience.

“If you ever had any health issue that required more than a simple doctor visit, you will know that it precipitates a seemingly never-ending series of forms, bills and letters,” Edwards wrote. “You will be paying bills months, years, later. And it’s almost impossible to correct a billing error. It’s stressful. I developed an intense hatred for health insurance companies in the U.S. because of this.”

i can tell you i would be *ed if i was relying on the american healthcare system.
Surplus population

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
im in a mid sized town in ontario with affordable housing and we make more than workers do in vancouver which is terribly unaffordable its wierd.
My wife is the same way. She makes a lot more than people in most cities but it’s a rural area that they have a lot of trouble getting people to come to no matter what they pay.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
At least there's still some doctors out there with some common sense...

"It's not just Ivermectin," he said. "That's where people get confused. Ivermectin helps you, but it helps you when you are giving it in addition to other components of treatment protocols that are out there."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My wife is the same way. She makes a lot more than people in most cities but it’s a rural area that they have a lot of trouble getting people to come to no matter what they pay.
I've heard staffing has been a huge issue for years, but now large cities are offering insane bonuses because of covid and it's made it worse for lower populated areas.

Poaching nurses and doctors basically.