socialized healthcare

vantexan

The level of care provided is more than adequate-----it is the waiting period that prompts the rich to cross the border and get healthcare in the States.
Not the case in Mexico. It's commonly known amongst expats that every major city has at least one good hospital. If you get injured or seriously ill make sure that they know to take you to that hospital. Literally life or death.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

on my rafting trip, 2 of my fellow rafters were nurses from dallas. they said i wouldnt be able to get a deviated septim surgery in america. i didnt ask them to elaborate. they mentioned the US system costing alot of money. we explained our system.

They were wrong. You would have no problem getting the surgery------the problem would be whether your insurance covers it or not and how much your resulting out of pocket would be.

May I recommend that you schedule a "Twitter-ectomy"?

rickyb

They were wrong. You would have no problem getting the surgery------the problem would be whether your insurance covers it or not and how much your resulting out of pocket would be.

May I recommend that you schedule a "Twitter-ectomy"?
after you get your lobotomy

yea they said i could only get it if i had alot of money. they mentioned how much they pay per month for insurance.

rickyb

the US healthcare system is the most expensive in the world. the second most expensive healthcare system costs 50% less than the american one.

rickyb

so the healthcare for animals in canada is privatized. my brother didnt have insurance and he paid $6000 last year, and now if we actually bought the insurance it would have cost way too much or they wouldnt try fixing the dog anyways.

a healthcare for house pets or even all animals system would create alot of jobs because you would be increasing the amount of work. it might even justify the currently unjustifiable 40 hour work week.

if i fail in canada im gonna try america but im not holding my breath considering you cant even provide healthcare for all humans.

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
so the healthcare for animals in canada is privatized. my brother didnt have insurance and he paid $6000 last year, and now if we actually bought the insurance it would have cost way too much or they wouldnt try fixing the dog anyways.

what was the dog's affliction/disease/injury?

yearly shots for my dog was $35

wayfair

swollen member
on my rafting trip, 2 of my fellow rafters were nurses from dallas. they said i wouldnt be able to get a deviated septim surgery in america. i didnt ask them to elaborate. they mentioned the US system costing alot of money. we explained our system.

How much is that procedure in Canada?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have the money and choose to spend that much on a pet I have no problem with it as long as you don't expect someone else to pay for you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
People are insane about their pets.
My dogs are family and I love them, but I mean come on, they're animals not people. 6k could have helped a lot of strays.
I think people hold on to pets because THEY can't bear to let them go. IMO, the humane thing a lot of times is to let them go, rather than prolong their lives.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you have the money and choose to spend that much on a pet I have no problem with it as long as you don't expect someone else to pay for you.
I think it depends on what is wrong with the animal. If it's something easily fixed, yes. If it's something the animal will suffer with for a long time, no.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think people hold on to pets because THEY can't bear to let them go. IMO, the humane thing a lot of times is to let them go, rather than prolong their lives.
Mine have been made comfortable as long as possible and put down when that was no longer an option. Some of the saddest days of my life.... but sometimes truly caring means finding the strength to let them go.