Some Supplements Posted

browned out

More info for your location: Some UPS Supplements Available | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Here is the first line of garbage

(b) Seasonal Employees: Time worked from November 1st through
the Friday of the second

full week of January of the following year
December 31st of each year shall not accrue toward

seniority.
This period may be extended upon approval from the Local Union. Any

employee who is retained after
December 31st, the Friday of the second full week of January,

or recalled within sixty (60) days after
the Friday of the second full week of January,

December 31st,
must work thirty (30) in a ninety (90) consecutive day period commencing with

the first (1st) day worked after
the Friday of the second full week of January, December 31st,

and his/her seniority shall revert back to the first (1st) day of his/her ninety (90) day qualification

period. However, those employees hired prior to November 1st who are retained or recalled

within sixty (60) days after
the Friday of the second full week in January December 31st will

retain credit for the number of days worked prior to November 1st.

the Friday of the second

seniority.
This period may be extended upon approval from the Local Union.

So part timers wanting to go full time will have to wait even longer. Seasonals allowed all May, June, July, August, November, December and half of January.

If you want to go full time vote this trash DOWN Vote NO

browned out

Read down a little farther and discovered more rubbish

(e) Unless otherwise prohibited by State or Federal law, an employee’s seniority shall bebroken when he/she has reached maximum medical improvement from an on or off the job
injury or illness if at that time they still cannot perform the essential functions of their job.
The Employer must give written notice to the employee and the Local Union if subsection
_(e) is applied. This provision shall not affect an employee’s rights under Article 14.3 of the
National Master UPS Agreement.

browned out

The more I read the worse it gets: UPS has scored a major concessionary temp agreement. We have the power to vote this sh%t down.

(A) Seniority part-time employees may work as coverage drivers as replacements for fulltimeemployees to cover full-time package work as outlined in this section and under the
single vacation day option as outlined in Article 16. No coverage drivers may be used if
full-time employees are on layoff in that building.

It is understood, in order to make
service on packages and in lieu of a supervisor performing bargaining unit work,
these coverage drivers may be utilized on days where no single day vacations are
scheduled after all other options have been exhausted. A log shall be retained of
such coverage and furnished to the Local Union and/or steward upon request.

(B) The pay rate for part-time coverage work shall start at $16.10. Coverage employees who have worked one full year and worked nine hundred (900) straight time hours in that year
or any year following as a coverage employee will be paid $18.45. (The parties agree to
meet and review the 900 hour provision prior to the end of the second contract year.

The Milkman

More info for your location: Some UPS Supplements Available | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Here is the first line of garbage

the Friday of the second

seniority.
This period may be extended upon approval from the Local Union. Any

employee who is retained after
December 31st, the Friday of the second full week of January,

or recalled within sixty (60) days after
the Friday of the second full week of January,

December 31st,
must work thirty (30) in a ninety (90) consecutive day period commencing with

the first (1st) day worked after
the Friday of the second full week of January, December 31st,

and his/her seniority shall revert back to the first (1st) day of his/her ninety (90) day qualification

period. However, those employees hired prior to November 1st who are retained or recalled

within sixty (60) days after
the Friday of the second full week in January December 31st will

retain credit for the number of days worked prior to November 1st.

the Friday of the second

seniority.
This period may be extended upon approval from the Local Union.

So part timers wanting to go full time will have to wait even longer. Seasonals allowed all May, June, July, August, November, December and half of January.

If you want to go full time vote this trash DOWN Vote NO

You are right Browned!! I am thinking back when UPS came to us in local 177 and were showing us Medical plans that we had to choose from about 10 or more yrs ago.. I chose plan 2 not the traditional plan that I was on for about 20yrs. I was told by UPS that I must be on this plan for 4 years before I retire so I can leave with a $50.00 monthly premium and also carry dental and vision when I retire. Also a mail order prescription plan was included. Well I did just that and now it seems like UPS wants us to go back to a 80/20 co pay plan? Sounds like something like the Traditional plan of years ago? Yes, you adjust to the new plan and now the Brain trusts in Atlanta, want to go backwards in time.. Wake up Union Brothers and Sisters your time is coming when you to will feel the sting of GREED from Ups upon your lives. The lives that made this company into a Worldwide Global Player. We are just pieces of the game of Greed and we are discarded after we are no longer of any use to the lying, backstabbing puppet management teams that crack the whip to motivate us to go above and beyond for what?? This is what you get..Your reward is more and more givebacks so the FAT CATS who call the shots at their board meetings can laugh all the way to the bank...Think about it before you vote..I was a rookie one time...I listened to the senior drivers..They saw well before I got there the crap dealt out on a daily basis. Listen to them..They will tell you the truth. listen, your future is at stake...:please:

SouthernComfort

The more I read the worse it gets: UPS has scored a major concessionary temp agreement. We have the power to vote this sh%t down.

(A) Seniority part-time employees may work as coverage drivers as replacements for fulltimeemployees to cover full-time package work as outlined in this section and under the
single vacation day option as outlined in Article 16. No coverage drivers may be used if
full-time employees are on layoff in that building.

It is understood, in order to make
service on packages and in lieu of a supervisor performing bargaining unit work,
these coverage drivers may be utilized on days where no single day vacations are
scheduled after all other options have been exhausted. A log shall be retained of
such coverage and furnished to the Local Union and/or steward upon request.

(B) The pay rate for part-time coverage work shall start at $16.10. Coverage employees who have worked one full year and worked nine hundred (900) straight time hours in that year
or any year following as a coverage employee will be paid $18.45. (The parties agree to
meet and review the 900 hour provision prior to the end of the second contract year.

I have been a part time cover(non full time) for 8 years with 12 years total years.... I get over 150 full time package reports a year and make almost $28/hour.... does this mean Im about to get bumped down to $18.45/hour????????

browned out

Full-time employees that have earned at least three (3) weeks of vacation, will have the option of
declaring that he/she will be able to split
up to two (2) weeks of regular vacation the option
week of vacationinto five (5) or ten (10) single days. Single vacation days may also be taken in
blocks of (two (2) days, or three (3) days

So now we will have more employees working full time hours and only receiving credit for part time pensions.
Seasonals and single day coverage drivers at $16.10 will now be able to work all of May, June, July, August, November, December, half of January, and as Single Vacation Day Drivers in the second half of January, all of February, March, and April.

UPS will be able to use $16.10 hour drivers year round and these drivers will not obtain credit for seniority for any of these days.

Part-timers deserve a better opportunity than this. Part-time employees have to get out and vote NO if they want any chance to someday go full-time and receive any kind of decent wage and pension.

postings on BrownCafe are the personal opinions of individuals and don't necessarily represent UPS positions, strategies or opinions

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/some-supplements-posted-350005/#ixzz2Sg1Mip5NAll of the postings on BrownCafe and by Browned Out are the personal opinions of individuals and don't necessarily represent UPS positions, strategies or opinions

40andOut

In order to avoid confusion, please indicate the individual suppliment you are quoting from. This is not the wording from the tentitive national agreement, it does not apply to everyone.

balland chain

Read down a little farther and discovered more rubbish

(e) Unless otherwise prohibited by State or Federal law, an employee’s seniority shall bebroken when he/she has reached maximum medical improvement from an on or off the job
injury or illness if at that time they still cannot perform the essential functions of their job.
The Employer must give written notice to the employee and the Local Union if subsection
_(e) is applied. This provision shall not affect an employee’s rights under Article 14.3 of the
National Master UPS Agreement.
Thanks for that post Browned Out... I am out on comp right, and may not be able to perform my job..As I understand this, they can break us, and then dispose of us?? Am I reading that correctly?? WOW,, after 26 years on the job, and an injury on the job, may cost me my job.. Only UPS !! I suppose I will need to retain an Attorney to deal with this situation now.. They preach health and safety, but what do they think all this stress does to our bodies ?? Thanks for the info B&C

browned out

Thanks for that post Browned Out... I am out on comp right, and may not be able to perform my job..As I understand this, they can break us, and then dispose of us?? Am I reading that correctly?? WOW,, after 26 years on the job, and an injury on the job, may cost me my job.. Only UPS !! I suppose I will need to retain an Attorney to deal with this situation now.. They preach health and safety, but what do they think all this stress does to our bodies ?? Thanks for the info B&C

Your welcome but check your supplement. I am in central states

40andOut

Hopefully posters on Brown Cafe will make the distinction between the National Tenative Agreement (NTA) and their individual supplements. I am sure some will vote yes on the NTA and no on their supplement.

40andOut

The "break" refers to breaking seniorty....being terminated.
The The Central Region of Teamsters Supplemental Agreement language spicifically mentions "This provision shall not affect an employee’s rights under Article 14.3 of the National Master UPS Agreement."
Which states:

Section 3. Permanently Disabled Employees
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The Parties agree to abide by the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Company shall be required to negotiate with the Local Union prior to providing a reasonable accommodation to a qualified bargaining unit employee.
The Company shall make a good faith effort to comply in a timely manner with requests for a reasonable accommodation because of a permanent disability. Any grievance concerning the accommodation not resolved at the center level hearing will be referred to the appropriate Union and Company co-chairs for the Local Area or to the Region Grievance Committee, if applicable. If not resolved at that level within ten (10) days, the grievance shall be submitted directly to the National Safety and Health Grievance Committee.
If the Company claims that the individual does not fall within the protections of the Americans with Disabilities Act, then the grievance must follow the normal grievance procedure in order to resolve that issue before it can be docketed with the National Safety and Health Committee.
Any claim in dispute concerning rights under this Section shall be addressed under the grievance and arbitration procedures of this Agreement. A grievance may be filed by an employee or the Union, notwithstanding any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum. The submission of a claim under this Section to the grievance and arbitration procedures of the Agreement shall not prohibit or impede an employee or the Union from pursuing their statutory rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or comparable state or local laws.
The parties agree that appropriate accommodations under this Section are to be determined on a case-by-case basis. - 7 -​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
If a full-time employee cannot be reasonably accommodated in a full-time job, the Company may offer a part-time job as a reasonable accommodation if the employee is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. If the employee accepts the part-time accommodation, the employee will be placed into the applicable part-time health & welfare and pension programs, will be paid the appropriate part-time rate for the job performed based on his company seniority, and will receive the part-time contractual entitlements as per the appropriate Supplement, Rider, or Addendum using his Company seniority date. This placement will not prohibit the employee from bidding on future full-time jobs for which he is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. Should the employee not accept the part-time reasonable accommodation, he shall be allowed to be inactive for three (3) years. During those three (3) years, he shall have the ability to return to his job should he become able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation; have the ability to bid on openings as his seniority allows, providing he can perform the essential functions of that job; and have the ability to accept the part-time accommodation referenced above. After three (3) years, his seniority shall be considered broken. Said employee shall be entitled to receive long term disability and workers’ compensation in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan.​
[/FONT][/FONT]
Section 3.1​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Pursuant to Article 22.3 and Article 37 and notwithstanding language in the Supplements, Riders or Addenda, the Employer and the Union agree to meet and discuss certain full-time positions that may be filled by employees who can no longer perform their assigned job. When full-time openings occur, these employees will be given the opportunity to fill the opening prior to the Employer hiring from the outside. The employee must be physically fit and qualified to perform the new job. The employee placed in the opening will be paid the rate for the job based upon the employee's seniority.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

balland chain

The "break" refers to breaking seniorty....being terminated.
The The Central Region of Teamsters Supplemental Agreement language spicifically mentions "This provision shall not affect an employee’s rights under Article 14.3 of the National Master UPS Agreement."
Which states:

The Parties agree to abide by the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Company shall be required to negotiate with the Local Union prior to providing a reasonable accommodation to a qualified bargaining unit employee.
The Company shall make a good faith effort to comply in a timely manner with requests for a reasonable accommodation because of a permanent disability. Any grievance concerning the accommodation not resolved at the center level hearing will be referred to the appropriate Union and Company co-chairs for the Local Area or to the Region Grievance Committee, if applicable. If not resolved at that level within ten (10) days, the grievance shall be submitted directly to the National Safety and Health Grievance Committee.
If the Company claims that the individual does not fall within the protections of the Americans with Disabilities Act, then the grievance must follow the normal grievance procedure in order to resolve that issue before it can be docketed with the National Safety and Health Committee.
Any claim in dispute concerning rights under this Section shall be addressed under the grievance and arbitration procedures of this Agreement. A grievance may be filed by an employee or the Union, notwithstanding any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum. The submission of a claim under this Section to the grievance and arbitration procedures of the Agreement shall not prohibit or impede an employee or the Union from pursuing their statutory rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or comparable state or local laws.
The parties agree that appropriate accommodations under this Section are to be determined on a case-by-case basis. - 7 -​
If a full-time employee cannot be reasonably accommodated in a full-time job, the Company may offer a part-time job as a reasonable accommodation if the employee is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. If the employee accepts the part-time accommodation, the employee will be placed into the applicable part-time health & welfare and pension programs, will be paid the appropriate part-time rate for the job performed based on his company seniority, and will receive the part-time contractual entitlements as per the appropriate Supplement, Rider, or Addendum using his Company seniority date. This placement will not prohibit the employee from bidding on future full-time jobs for which he is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. Should the employee not accept the part-time reasonable accommodation, he shall be allowed to be inactive for three (3) years. During those three (3) years, he shall have the ability to return to his job should he become able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation; have the ability to bid on openings as his seniority allows, providing he can perform the essential functions of that job; and have the ability to accept the part-time accommodation referenced above. After three (3) years, his seniority shall be considered broken. Said employee shall be entitled to receive long term disability and workers’ compensation in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan.​
Section 3.1​
Pursuant to Article 22.3 and Article 37 and notwithstanding language in the Supplements, Riders or Addenda, the Employer and the Union agree to meet and discuss certain full-time positions that may be filled by employees who can no longer perform their assigned job. When full-time openings occur, these employees will be given the opportunity to fill the opening prior to the Employer hiring from the outside. The employee must be physically fit and qualified to perform the new job. The employee placed in the opening will be paid the rate for the job based upon the employee's seniority.

Thanks for the info.. B&C

40andOut

It is a good idea to find an excellent workers comp attorney if you feel the injury may be permanent.

balland chain

It is a good idea to find an excellent workers comp attorney if you feel the injury may be permanent.
I will calling a friend of mine who is an Attorney.. He is a ball buster who won one of the largest settlements in the County I live in..Initially I thought I would be OK, went to the UPS "doc in the box', went to PT for a month, complaining of severe pain where I was injured, and after waiting 3 months UPS finally authorized an MRI that showed I was telling the truth.. Had surgery, and now the recovery is going very slowly. After doing some research, there have been cases where people who had the same surgery, were never the same.. Thanks for posting that info, it was very helpful... B&C

40andOut

If you have only seen a UPS doctor there is a good chance you could switch to a more accomidating doctor of your own choosing...I am not sure of your state's workers comp laws. Be carefull however; In my state if you see the 2nd doctor you will then have to choose between the 2 before your next office visit. UPS could still demand that you see their doctor in addition to your own, so be sure to visit your own 2x before seeing the UPS doctor again. Otherwise you are stuck with the UPS doctor. If you choose your own doctor he could also refer you to a specialist and that would be considered the same course of treatment (not considered a 3rd doctor). If you choose wisely, you may find the doctor of your own choosing is more likely to refer you to a specialist. But check with your workers comp office for your state, you may have different rules. I have found that the workers comp office is a great resource for information. They took all my phone calls and pointed out where UPS's insurance was not being fair with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Returntosender

There is a catch to section 3

The Parties agree to abide by the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Company shall be required to negotiate with the Local Union prior to providing a reasonable accommodation to a qualified bargaining unit employee.
If the employee accepts the part-time accommodation, the employee will be placed into the applicable part-time health & welfare and pension programs, will be paid the appropriate part-time rate for the job performed based on his company seniority, and will receive the part-time contractual entitlements as per the appropriate Supplement, Rider, or Addendum using his Company seniority date. This placement will not prohibit the employee from bidding on future full-time jobs for which he is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. Should the employee not accept the part-time reasonable accommodation, he shall be allowed to be inactive for three (3) years. During those three (3) years, he shall have the ability to return to his job should he become able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation; have the ability to bid on openings as his seniority allows, providing he can perform the essential functions of that job; and have the ability to accept the part-time accommodation referenced above. After three (3) years, his seniority shall be considered broken. Said employee shall be entitled to receive long term disability and workers’ compensation in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan.
If a full-time employee cannot be reasonably accommodated in a full-time job, the Company may offer a part-time job as a reasonable accommodation if the employee is qualified and meets the essential functions of the job. If the employee accepts the part-time accommodation, the employee will be placed into the applicable part-time health & welfare and pension programs, will be paid the appropriate part-time rate for the job performed based on his company seniority, and will receive the part-time contractual entitlements as per the appropriate Supplement, Rider, or Addendum using his Company seniority date.