Someone Clarify Thanksgiving Holiday Changes??

muthatrucka

Most UPS members, have that "defeatist" attitude.

That's why I continually try and browbeat (through sheer guilt) people in to voting....

Or, attending your Local's monthly meeting. Getting involved, would solve a lot of problems.

Case and point:

http://tdu.org/news/weve-topped-10000

TDU.... is almost bragging.

10,600 signatures, is less than 1% of the IBT membership.

But they post this stuff, along with all the voting results.

Is it any wonder.... why things happen ? Thanks TDU.

-Bug-
Most of our eligible members would be part time wouldn't they? With the turnover rate the potential membership is changing daily.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hardball88

get'r done
I don't feel defeated. I am frustrated and I'm sure that many hourly are. Especially Bubblehead (and Co.) who missed making real changes by just a handful of votes after spending hundreds of dollars in lost wages to be involved and put accountability back into their local's leadership.
Posting here is our way of venting and communicating with other members....but mostly venting.
We're involved. You can bet on that. 2016 is just around the corner.
As for TDU, well, the US armed the Taliban against the Russians. You can allow or disallow
the parallel.
Everyone's looking at this from different angles and perspectives.
All we're asking for is open and honest leadership and communication.
Many local leaderships FAIL miserably in that arena. Change isn't as easy as you purport it to be. We know.

hardball88

get'r done
When the people who break their backs to support union officials that are self serving and dishonest we have a right to be angry.
We're not defeated we're PO'd and have a darn good reason to be.
Why should we have to struggle with lazy and pathetic leadership who says one thing and behind closed doors quietly screws over the very people who elected them to fulfill the promises they ran on?
"Fraud" should come to mind if our new washing machine didn't do what the salesman said it was built to do.
We'd like to return some of these people to the store for a refund.
Hoffa/Hall has got to go.
You may not agree but many of us are done with the dishonesty and the games of the good ol boys club. Lazy losers.

Last edited:
I don't feel defeated. I am frustrated and I'm sure that many hourly are. Especially Bubblehead (and Co.) who missed making real changes by just a handful of votes after spending hundreds of dollars in lost wages to be involved and put accountability back into their local's leadership.
Posting here is our way of venting and communicating with other members....but mostly venting.
We're involved. You can bet on that. 2016 is just around the corner.
As for TDU, well, the US armed the Taliban against the Russians. You can allow or disallow
the parallel.
Everyone's looking at this from different angles and perspectives.
All we're asking for is open and honest leadership and communication.
Many local leaderships FAIL miserably in that arena. Change isn't as easy as you purport it to be. We know.
Do you work with or know Bubblehead personally?

hardball88

get'r done
Most of them....

Tend to hang out, on the "Vote No" Facebook page.

And talk a lot of "smack".

Internet bravado is easy.

-Bug-
"Them".
That statement/word says volumes.
I look at that vote no page and can't help thinking what a bunch of knuckleheads.
"Knuckleheads".
I hope that makes you feel better about yourself.

I don't live on Facebook or am a part of the "No" party thereof.
My father in law had the retina detach from his last good eye just a few weeks ago and is almost blind now. My wife had eye surgery done (prior to this contract) and was being treated by one of the best ocular professionals to make sure she doesn't have hereditary detachment issues. We presented our new TeamCare insurance card to them. The doctors office handed the card back to her and bluntly said "we cannot use your new insurance, it's junk".
So, we're paying out of pocket now to allay fears of her losing an existing preferred eye doctor.

Glad you are happy that your plans got enhanced. Many of us are glad you did. We had absolutely NO idea you were on a lesser plan.

I guess that makes us "smack talkers" and "knuckleheads".

At least we tried to better everyone in our state instead of degrading our fellow workers like you two continue to do.

"All bark and no bite"?
I'd rather be a dog without teeth (must have a TeamCare dentist) than a blind sheep.

hardball88

get'r done
To end my side of the conversation I would like to say that I respect your opinions but I and many others don't agree that there's no "bite" behind the bark. We're doing our best to make changes from our level. Don't sell us short.

We're not "them". We're us. All of us. What happened to L89 and PA creates the "them" and they abide in DC. For a little while longer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To end my side of the conversation I would like to say that I respect your opinions but I and many others don't agree that there's no "bite" behind the bark. We're doing our best to make changes from our level. Don't sell us short.

Atta boy.

Don't let anyone.... deter your ambition.

-Bug-