Someone Clarify Thanksgiving Holiday Changes??

image.jpg
This is what this thread was about
image.jpg
This was my contribution that it had been here since 1976
image.jpg
This is what you are trying to turn it into because your feelings got hurt.
Don't take business personal. You will be a sad guy.

Hang in there guy.

Strike 1: my wife's "condition" wasn't blamed on you.
Strike 2: I'm not "in the kitchen" or hot whatsoever.
Strike 3: TeamCare does not "mirror" our old plan (as we we're told) unless you're looking through translucent glass to see the mirror. Duck and weave, change the subject all you want to. That's the issue I'm talking about with no agenda. Just personal facts. Done.

hardball88

get'r done
I look at that vote no page and can't help thinking what a bunch of knuckleheads.
It's like watching a train wreck
I never said it is but those people on that page would complain about anything. It sounds like a bunch of unhappy women.
Sounds like day after Thanksgiving Day thread responses?

Let it go. It shouldn't be stuck in people's craw. Live life and smell the roses. Follow the yellow brick road.
Threads morph and float and everyone's a part of that who continues to post on derails. I get tired of explaining what some just refuse to hear or acknowledge. It's a waste of life on here.
But sometimes it's entertaining.:) Happy Labor Day.

Sounds like day after Thanksgiving Day thread responses?

Let it go. It shouldn't be stuck in people's craw. Live life and smell the roses. Follow the yellow brick road.
Threads morph and float and everyone's a part of that who continues to post on derails. I get tired of explaining what some just refuse to hear or acknowledge. It's a waste of life on here.
But sometimes it's entertaining.:) Happy Labor Day.
I'm so sorry for what you and your wife are going through. So sorry I hurt your feelings.

Irishman Collins

Their is language in the contract for both sides of this argument. It's just one more oversight by our current administration in my opinion. Here is something I think you can all sink your teeth in. We have never been required to work this holiday, or have our general wage increases been held as ransom if Central States decides they need more money. What is the common denominator? Our current leadership. When is everyone going to realize this? Maybe just maybe when the I.B.T. and U.P.S agree that it is ok to work Christmas? Please, come on folks stand up for your continued good wages and benefits. Don't be ok with concessions and give backs. Vote for change!

Irishman Collins

Their is language in the contract for both sides of this argument. It's just one more oversight by our current administration ,in my opinion. Here is something I think you can all sink your teeth in. We have never been required to work this holiday, or have our general wage increases been held as ransom if Central States decides they need more money. What is the common denominator? Our current leadership. When is everyone going to realize this? Maybe just maybe when the I.B.T. and U.P.S agree that it is ok to work Christmas? Please, come on folks stand up for your continued good wages and benefits. Don't be ok with concessions and give backs. Vote for change!

Foamer Pyle

In central ca if your forced to work you will get paid 1.5 x pay plus holiday pay. If you are air support you will get holiday pay plus regular hourly rate. What does that mean..grey area but that means I ain't volunteering to work so if I am forced to work I'm making time and half
It's a normal business day now, you have to work, no asking for volunteers. They will be delivering and making our scheduled pickups.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Their is language in the contract for both sides of this argument. It's just one more oversight by our current administration in my opinion. Here is something I think you can all sink your teeth in. We have never been required to work this holiday, or have our general wage increases been held as ransom if Central States decides they need more money. What is the common denominator? Our current leadership. When is everyone going to realize this? Maybe just maybe when the I.B.T. and U.P.S agree that it is ok to work Christmas? Please, come on folks stand up for your continued good wages and benefits. Don't be ok with concessions and give backs. Vote for change!
If we are working on the day after T day do you suppose it is about soothing fears (to Amazon and the public) that there won't be a repeat of last yrs failure?

Our building is no way close to being properly staffed if the volume duplicates last years. Not even close. Especially with last minute new hires.

Irishman Collins

If we are working on the day after T day do you suppose it is about soothing fears (to Amazon and the public) that there won't be a repeat of last yrs failure?

Our building is no way close to being properly staffed if the volume duplicates last years. Not even close. Especially with last minute new hires.
Yes, it is all about Amazon and the company's failures last year. In my opinion a lot of the problem stems from the fact that we are no longer just a pkg company. At some point some genius thought we should become a pkg/furniture delivery company. There is no way to plan for 5, ten foot long ,5 foot wide pkgs. When you load these pkgs in the trucks of course pkgs will be left behind and of course production will slow down when your attempting to work around these pkgs for part or most of the day. I see the same thing happening again this year and the company being dumbfounded again over how it happened. Once again, U.P.S. jumping over a dollar to save a dime!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
This language has been in our labor agreement since at least 1982. How is this the fault of our current administration?
Had you been a lower seniority employee the past 20 years you could/would have been forced to work this holiday to deliver air. I was forced to work for a few years until double time was added to the contract and then enough people volunteered.

hardball88

get'r done
This language has been in our labor agreement since at least 1982. How is this the fault of our current administration?
Had you been a lower seniority employee the past 20 years you could/would have been forced to work this holiday to deliver air. I was forced to work for a few years until double time was added to the contract and then enough people volunteered.
Do you suppose that we'll all be scheduled to work this time unless you're on vacation even if your bid area is "under 8'd"?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm sorry Bug, but no matter how you cut it we retirees really got screwed with the health care deal.
I'm paying for things and prescriptions that I never even saw before. Literally thousands of dollars.

There is no debating that. I will be in the same boat.

It is a moot issue, once you turn 65.

There is language in the contract for both sides of this argument. It's just one more oversight by our current administration in my opinion.

How is it an "oversight" in the Central Region ?

That language has been there, prior to the National agreement.

We have never been required to work this holiday.

You must not be a package, feeder, or air driver.

Or, have been scheduled as a "air support" employee.

And, how does that happen all over the country every year.... ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

-Bug-
Because again, Art 15 sections 1 and 4 in the Central Region Supplement directly contradict each other if you read them literally.
I realize that at the end of the day on this particular Friday, that it won't matter what my perception of this verbiage is and that I will be scheduled, but it is poorly written.
I would consider any poorly written, contradicting or vague language to be an oversight in most cases.
When this is the case we usually end up on the short end of the stick, with the notable exception, a fair days work for a fair days pay.
Who should Irishman Collins blame, and please, don't say TDU.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Because again, Art 15 sections 1 and 4 in the Central Region Supplement directly contradict each other if you read them literally.
I realize that at the end of the day on this particular Friday, that it won't matter what my perception of this verbiage is and that I will be scheduled, but it is poorly written.

Bubble,

Let me walk you through this, again.

Section 1.... provides for "Holiday" pay. (on the named holidays)

Section 4.... provides for the "penalty" if required to work.

It's really that simple.

-Bug-

Irishman Collins

It is simple the I.B.T. negotiators didn't notice that there is conflicting language in the contract and didn't delete or add language to make the language clear and concise. That is how the I.B.T was negligent. In addition, is our current leadership so clueless that they didn't realize that "higher seniority" members wanted to continue to enjoy either working or not, all on a volunteer basis, not to be forced. It amazes me that after all of these years of not being forced to work holidays, suddenly we are now being forced. I wonder how many of our contract negotiators will be working that day? How about none, what a joke!!

Irishman Collins

There is no debating that. I will be in the same boat.

It is a moot issue, once you turn 65.

You must not be a package, feeder, or air driver.

Or, have been scheduled as a "air support" employee.

And, how does that happen all over the country every year.... ?

-Bug-
It is simple the I.B.T. negotiators didn't notice that there is conflicting language in the contract and didn't delete or add language to make the language clear and concise. That is how the I.B.T was negligent. In addition, is our current leadership so clueless that they didn't realize that "higher seniority" members wanted to continue to enjoy either working or not, all on a volunteer basis, not to be forced? It amazes me that after all of these years of not being forced to work holidays, suddenly we are now being forced. I wonder how many of our contract negotiators will be working that day? How about none, what a joke!!