Something new...

I foresee problems with this. Firstly, my gps doesn't work for :censored2:. Half my stops give me the gps error, probably cuz I've dropped the diad so many damn times. Secondly, what about NSN? NSN make it impossible to be at that location.... Because it doesn't exist. Or what if it's any kind of lookup. If I have one package for an apartment complex that's 10 minutes away and the person didn't put an apartment number, do they really want me driving 20 minutes round trip just to sheet it as a need apartment?

35years

Gravy route
If I have one package for an apartment complex that's 10 minutes away and the person didn't put an apartment number, do they really want me driving 20 minutes round trip just to sheet it as a need apartment?
Proper procedure is to go to the apt complex and look for names on mailboxes and/or ask the apt. manager for the apartment number. If your GPS shows you did not drive up and try you could be accused of dishonesty for taking a stop without an attempt. The shipper pays us to make an actual attempt. The customer may have put a note on the front door telling you the apt number etc. Everyone will receive the training . Why give them a reason to fire you?

Last edited:

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Proper procedure is to go to the apt complex and look for names on mailboxes and/or ask the manager for the apartment number. If your GPS shows you did not drive up and try you could be accused of dishonesty for taking a stop without an attempt. The shipper pays us to make an actual attempt. The customer may have put a note on the front door telling you the apt number etc. Everyone will receive the training . Why give them a reason to fire you?
Proper procedure?...I dont think so...if there's no apt on the pkg sheet as such and move on...it's not our job to hunt the person down...are u telling me if u go to a house and the neighbor tells u they moved and where to that your gonna deliver the pkg to their new address ?

35years

Gravy route
Proper procedure?...I dont think so...if there's no apt on the pkg sheet as such and move on...it's not our job to hunt the person down...are u telling me if u go to a house and the neighbor tells u they moved and where to that your gonna deliver the pkg to their new address ?
I didn't say you need to go to a moved customers new add.
But yes, you do need to make an actual attempt at the apt complex even if the apt. number is not on the box.

FilingBluesFL

Proper procedure is to go to the apt complex and look for names on mailboxes and/or ask the apt. manager for the apartment number. If your GPS shows you did not drive up and try you could be accused of dishonesty for taking a stop without an attempt. The shipper pays us to make an actual attempt. The customer may have put a note on the front door telling you the apt number etc. Everyone will receive the training . Why give them a reason to fire you?

Proper procedure is after arriving at the address, sheet as Need APT, and give to clerk.

Not all apartment buildings have a "front door", either.....

35years

Gravy route
Proper procedure is after arriving at the address, sheet as Need APT, and give to clerk.

Not all apartment buildings have a "front door", either.....
But the previous poster was contending that sheeting "need apt #" 10 miles from the apt. complex was correct procedure.
I was trained by the most anal retentive manager UPS has ever employed.
I assure you that sheeting "need apt" without actually making an attempt to obtain the apt. number is not proper procedure.
You could be accused of taking a stop without making a legit attempt which might be construed as dishonesty.
Perhaps an IE guy is on BC to confirm this.
I have no doubt individual managers let this slide.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you go to a house and the neighbor tells you that they moved AND knows where they moved to you would sheet as moved and write their new address on the package so that the clerk can do the ADC and put it back out for delivery.

You should always go to the address and make every reasonable effort to locate the consignee, to include reading the names on the mailboxes, asking at the office or calling the phone number on the package, if available.