SONY Cancels "The Interview"

Do you think SONY made the right call?

• Yes---the safety of all is more important than creative license and revenue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No---this may set a precedent which could thwart creativity.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Don't know/don't care.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In response to possible threats to movie-goers and other security concerns, SONY Pictures has decided to cancel the planned release of the movie "The Interview" in which two reporters go to North Korea to interview their leader. 5 major movie chains, including Regal, announced that they would not be showing the movie. Future plans are uncertain but will probably include release to DVD and online streaming services.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It was nice to see all the actors that were mad at Sony for the emails, support them because of the movie theatres boycott.
It's not like this movie was a documentary or drama, it was a comedy thought up by 2 pothead comics.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
If they caved on every movie that took a jab at someone we'll lose half the movies out there.

I do feel though this movie will make far more than it would have in theaters once it's released on dvd/digital.

oldngray

nowhere special
The Alamo Drafthouse in Dallas, Texas, was determined to screen “The Interview” despite terror threats made against theaters who decided to show the controversial Kim Jong-un assassination comedy.

Even when Sony Pictures announced on Wednesday it was canceling the movie’s Dec. 25 theatrical release, the Texas theater dug in its heels.

Instead of “The Interview,” the Alamo Drafthouse will now screen “Team America,” another edgy comedy that mercilessly mocks North Korea’s former dictator, Kim Jong-il.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-cancels-theatrical-release-of-the-interview/

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I rented it the other day. It was okay. I'm the target demographic and I didn't think it was that great. I can see why the North was ticked though. They made Kim Jong Un look like a whiny cry baby.

Morsi

A lot of cyber security experts are skeptical as to whether North Korea was really responsible. To be honest the evidence is pretty flimsy, on top of that this doesn't necessarily scream nation state cyber attack. When nation states launch cyber attacks they generally arnt trying to publicize it to the rest of the world. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, but considering Sony could have been destroyed from this embarrassing and shameful lack of security id say they got off quite nicely. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...heory-casts-doubt-on-north-korea-origins.html

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I rented it the other day. It was okay. I'm the target demographic and I didn't think it was that great. I can see why the North was ticked though. They made Kim Jong Un look like a whiny cry baby.

It had a couple of good laughs. Some mild laughs. But it was otherwise a bit weak.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here's my conspiracy theory take on this. Somebody making a half assed attempt to make it look like the
North Koreans did this