South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010

KingofBrown

Germany didn't play like they used to play on the other games. But, Spain could have made another two or three goals with no problems. I think Germany needed Mueller to make a better game, and a better tactic by the coach. Spain or Netherlands, a new World Cup Champion is on the way.

KingofBrown

FIFA.jpg
FIFA.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not like watching a live game. But, that's another good option.

Good point. I could also catch up on my sleep while "watching" the game.

I'm sorry, I know it is the most pure team sport that there is and the players are among the best athletes in the world, but watching soccer on TV is mind numbingly boring. Not as bad as watching golf but pretty damn close.

Now, watching it in person is a whole 'nother ball game. I used to love watching my kids play. They both played outdoor and indoor and were both very good players. They both also played hockey and told me that playing one helped with the other as they are very similar.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, just got back from the German- Canadian Club.
3 or 4 local TV stations were there.
Germany lost.
One single corner ball decided the game.

But, overall, Germany disapointed today.
Thats the price to pay.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Good point. I could also catch up on my sleep while "watching" the game.

I'm sorry, I know it is the most pure team sport that there is and the players are among the best athletes in the world, but watching soccer on TV is mind numbingly boring. Not as bad as watching golf but pretty damn close.

Now, watching it in person is a whole 'nother ball game. I used to love watching my kids play. They both played outdoor and indoor and were both very good players. They both also played hockey and told me that playing one helped with the other as they are very similar.

I guess I'll be sauerkraut..........

It's not soccer or footbul UpsSate.. It's International Competition and the joy and agony of watching your Favorites win or walk home with Dignity.

Watching your Kids play and World Cup competition are no where close and actually kind of ignorant.

I don't mean to annoy you, but World Cup is exactly that..................."World Cup" . The US needs to accept and promote that.

I guess I have vuvuleeza Fever...

klein

It's not soccer or footbul UpsSate.. It's International Competition and the joy and agony of watching your Favorites win or walk home with Dignity.

Watching your Kids play and World Cup competition are no where close and actually kind of ignorant.

I don't mean to annoy you, but World Cup is exactly that..................."World Cup" . The US needs to accept and promote that.

I agree with you. For me, this is better then the Olympics !
And for that matter, as many others, around the world, too !

Go Holland !
Go Orange !

KingofBrown

+1

klein

I still can't get over yesterdays game, like a big Nightmare.
Germany didn't show up to play. Took things much too careful, and paid the price.

Anyways, in the meantime, :

Poor Octupos Paul :
He had been Germany's media darling through the World Cup until he correctly picked Spain to defeat Germany Wednesday night.
Most Germans now envision him fried in garlic butter.

fxdwg

Long Time Member

Oh poor little Mr. 10,000 Posts sent me some negative rep because I dared to contradict him. He even called me a maroon. What a class act!
Ohhh, I am so sorry little guy..sniff, sniff.
I'm beginning to believe everything everyone says about you.
Grow up!

Last edited:

klein

Poor Paul, still under big threat ! :

Global Edmonton Following Germany’s exit from the World Cup, upset fans are directing their anger at Paul, the octopus who correctly predicted the outcome of the semifinal game against Spain – and of all Germany’s games. What would you do if you had to decide Paul’s fate? Remember, it’s a matter of life and death. Literally.

news.globaltv.com
Global News Online offers Canadians from coast to coast a host of news and information from breaking news in their town or city to deep engaging content that puts complex world issues in perspective. ,What should be done with Paul, the octopus who correctly predicted the result of every German g...

btw: I casted my vote : hang him with his own testicles ! :funny:

Last edited:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My Dutch Friends are ecstatic!!

NED has a great chance!!! I will hate to see the underdog lose, but.......

GDR {not FDR} (is that right; Klein?) were Favorites, but ESP somehow, arguably, deservidly??, got the Win. Perhaps Sandbagging? That has been stated menay times in the last monyh. I don't think so. World Cup play is all out with the best out there.

ESP.....I don't know. I have to admit that I am not a strategist; not sure what they will try or if it will be successful.

I love the Dutch..................As I see it.......... 3:1 NED:ESP (I originally thought and posted 2:1, but the hype in Holland plus travellers for the street pubs and alleys will push the Orange to victory

klein

My Dutch Friends are ecstatic!!

NED has a great chance!!! I will hate to see the underdog lose, but.......

GDR {not FDR} (is that right; Klein?) were Favorites, but ESP somehow, arguably, deservidly??, got the Win. Perhaps Sandbagging? That has been stated menay times in the last monyh. I don't think so. World Cup play is all out with the best out there.

ESP.....I don't know. I have to admit that I am not a strategist; not sure what they will try or if it will be successful.

I love the Dutch..................As I see it.......... 3:1 NED:ESP (I originally thought and posted 2:1, but the hype in Holland plus travellers for the street pubs and alleys will push the Orange to victory

Germany didn't play their game. They were also playing "sandbagging", no team seemed to risk much. So, in the end the decision was made by one single corner kick late in the game.
Bad tactic for the german team, and probablt their coach. We know they can score goals and play much better. I think they didn't want to risk being too offensive and get hit in the rear.
Bad choice ! It happened anyways.

West Germany remained the Bundesrepublic Deutschland after unification, and applied that title to the new united Germany.
Which in in English. Federal Republic of Germany (FRG).

Former communist East Germany was called, (believe it or not), German Democratic Republic (GDR). Which the west germans never accepted, and in news papers was always written in hypens "DDR" or "GDR". Because nothing there was democratic !

I hope your right ! I myself think it will be a 2:1 victory, but if Spain just plays defense again, might just be 1:0 for Holland !
I'm still thinking if I should go to the Dutchclub for that game, but not sure if any seating is still available (game beeing on a Sunday this time).

klein

BERLIN – Octopus Paul predicts Spain will beat Holland and win the World Cup.

Paul's pick was carried live Friday on TV stations around Europe. The world-famous octopus could be seen sitting on a tank marked with a Spanish flag for only a few minutes before grabbing out a mussel and devouring it, while completely ignoring the Dutch tank — indicating a Spanish victory in Sunday's final match in the World Cup.
Paul correctly predicted Germany's wins over Argentina, England, Australia and Ghana and the country's losses to Serbia and Spain.
He also predicted that Germany will win over Uruguay in Saturday's match for third and fourth place.