South Bend IN

Non sequitur

Drove thru this Midwest rust belt city the other day. Besides the university area what an armpit town. And I heard that the mayor of this town wants to be president. He can't handle city politics let alone leader of the free world.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did you hear of the University some Chinese investors bought in NJ ?
Seems like they did not do their home work before paying, all they got was some empty buildings. The University shutdown in 2017.

Box Ox

Drove thru this Midwest rust belt city the other day. Besides the university area what an armpit town. And I heard that the mayor of this town wants to be president. He can't handle city politics let alone leader of the free world.

If only he'd inherited hundreds of millions from his daddy and lived somewhere else.

newfie

If only he'd inherited hundreds of millions from his daddy and lived somewhere else.

not sure how that relates to the subject but Bootygig is the darling of the rich hollywood elite.

back on topic how he runs his city will be a legitimate discussion point. In fairness to him i never heard anything negative about south bend until he ran for office.

the police shooting issue was a huge embarrassment for him. I think the underlying theme is it shows the black community does not think much of him.

Serf

the black community does not think much of him.
Despite being overwhelmingly majority Democrat. Black folks don't get down with the whole LGBTQ thing.

As for South Bend. The most prominent Catholic University in the world is located a few miles from a city with a gay mayor. How many graduates stay in Southbend? Figured most of these enlightened individuals would seek work in Silicon Valley, NYC, Chicago, & Boston.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
not sure how that relates to the subject but Bootygig is the darling of the rich hollywood elite.

back on topic how he runs his city will be a legitimate discussion point. In fairness to him i never heard anything negative about south bend until he ran for office.

the police shooting issue was a huge embarrassment for him. I think the underlying theme is it shows the black community does not think much of him.

Speaking from personal experience here, the city ain't great.

We have a large homeless problem.
We have crumbling infrastructure in the form of our roads and bridges.
We have lost basically all industry.

But Pete made sure we got roundabouts, so now we must be a successful city.