Southern snow storm

We got 5-6" here. That was enough to shut down I-40 because of accidents. We are woefully unprepared for this kind of weather.

That`s all in our plan,Muhahahaha. You southerners are huddled in your homes while the snow familiar armies of the north are preparing to invade. Make it go smoothly,just leave the deeds to your homes and properties on the tables and we`ll let you go peacably.

SmithBarney

Closed us up at Express today(SAT) in NC, packages never made it out of the Airport RDU. I was ready to work, not quite ready to drive our trucks though.
was ready to "use" my personal vehicle.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Closed us up at Express today(SAT) in NC, packages never made it out of the Airport RDU. I was ready to work, not quite ready to drive our trucks though.
was ready to "use" my personal vehicle.

How does that work for you guys? Are you reimbursed for your gas and mileage or do you basically eat those costs?

A few years ago I was called in at the last minute to run Saturday air when the air driver never showed. I live closer to the airport than to the center so I met the air sup at the airport and used my own vehicle for the deliveries in town and switched to a pkg car before doing the out of town stops and then the shuttle to the air meet point in Potsdam. The gas and miles were on my dime but both were negligible.

BTW, I have been through RDU several times as my daughter lives in Whitsett, which is about 45 minutes west on I-40. Beautiful airport.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Talked to a friend at Lake Norman in Mooresville N.C. and she had 4 or 5 inches of snow this morning and it was beginning to turn to sleet.

BILLYB

So much for global warming! Not much snow here in Southern NY but it has been cold! 'Work safe" is our new PCM so y'all be safe out there wherever u r!

Roll Tide Roll

f5-7-Stop Complete
You northeners need to remember we don't have snowplows, salt, etc. down here. Just not cost effective when you get measurable snow maybe once or twice every five years.

I lived in the North and now the South... I used to make fun of all the snow "chaos" however there is a real reason for most of the over-reaction... Yes there are few plows and salt is used sparingly... The main roads get all the attention and the neighborhoods go untouched... BUT... The thing no one has mentioned is, in the south, there are these little things called HILLS... It just ain't happening, I consider myself a good driver but you are NOT going up a hill that is snow covered period... Throw in the fact we usually get a layer of ice first then snow then another layer of ice... Can you say peak volume in days to come after snow...

beatndown

beatndown
This is the first time in years in Mi. that i havent brought stops back....due to weather...LMAO....ya'll have fun with that!!hehe...im sure we'll get ours soon!! My guess is late april or May!!