Southern Supplement Change-Will It Stop Drivers From Working Their Vacations? **ON TOPIC PLEASE**

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Overpaid Union Thug, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

That would prob work here too.

2. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Working on your vacation is not permitted here, I’m amazed it’s allowed anywhere actually.

3. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Come on, you can’t be serious.

4. Overpaid Union Thug

Sadly.....its true.

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but it's true.

6. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

No blanket party for those involved?

7. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

One thing I will give my old managers credit for is letting us trade vacations if something came up where you really needed a week off.

8. Overpaid Union Thug

I'd file on those if I noticed them. It opens the door to letting a high seniority driver basically reserve a week for a junior driver. It's still wrong even if it's not planned ecactly that way. I try and save my option days for when I might need or wants some days that might be blocked off.

9. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

We never had any trouble with vacation trading. That's what is nice about a small center (or at least it used to be).

10. Overpaid Union Thug

It happened a few times here. That I know of. We are a small center but It's a pain trying to keep up with who's supposed to be off. Who wants to look at the vacation schedule every week? Not me. Most people pay attention during those "prime weeks" though.

11. Slug Life

Slug Life When do we eat?

The way it works is they have to be using every driver including TCD’s to run during their vacation.
    Also they go to the bottom of coverage not their route.
    If those things don’t happen you can file for penalty pay as a TCD if not being ran.
    Also seniority if they try to bump you off the weekly bid route for them.
    I’ve made guys working their vacation have to cover. Meanwhile I’m running that Kush for them.
    Hope this helped answer your question.

12. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

Weekly bid route?
    You're working under the new supplement already?