Southern Supplement Change-Will It Stop Drivers From Working Their Vacations? **ON TOPIC PLEASE**

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
i don't really get what's so bad about someone working their vacation if they do it of their own volition.

And here’s where the problem lies. You might do it if your own volition but spineless Jimmy down the belt might be threatened to work his vacation

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
And here’s where the problem lies. You might do it if your own volition but spineless Jimmy down the belt might be threatened to work his vacation
spineless Jimmy is getting taken advantage of, no doubt about it. but he's both spineless and getting threatened no matter what i do.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
spineless Jimmy is getting taken advantage of, no doubt about it. but he's both spineless and getting threatened no matter what i do.

Spoken like a true Teamster brother
The point is if nobody works thru a vacation that was negotiated for you then there is no problem

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If someone wants to work through their vacation a coworker should be able to buy that week from them. I could have always used a few extra weeks.

22.34life

I think that the language needs to be clarified and enforced if you want to work through your vacations just sell them back and don't take up a vacation slot.

22.34life

The greed is crazy,look I know I don't know everyones financial situation but come on.when I see top rate any full time classification schedule all their vacations after August 1st just so they get the gwi on those weeks and schedule them on every available week with a holiday to get the extra days pay and then top it off by working through then it baffles me.

Its_a_me

I never understood why drivers work on their vacation.
Because they had last choice (or near the bottom) in vacation picking and took what they could before everything was grabbed. When time approached that date the weather was forecast to be terrible and it wasn't even worth it as a staycation. Might as well work, take the money and use it to fly on an expensive long weekend and call-in for that extra day as being stuck in an airport somewhere fun....it's an even more likely scenario when a partner's vacation time is restricted too.

Iamsomebody

Because they had last choice (or near the bottom) in vacation picking and took what they could before everything was grabbed. When time approached that date the weather was forecast to be terrible and it wasn't even worth it as a staycation. Might as well work, take the money and use it to fly on an expensive long weekend and call-in for that extra day as being stuck in an airport somewhere fun....it's an even more likely scenario when a partner's vacation time is restricted too.
Or you could just enjoy being paid to not go to work. I don't know why everyone acts like a vacation hast to be spent doing something extravagant. Time away from work is enough for me.