Specific case of no showing

Barbed

Hey guys! First forum post but I wanted to post a question that will be on my mind until I go back to work.

Tuesday night I have been assaulted/robbed and ended up recieving a near fatal stab wound to the neck. Due to blood loss, I have been unconscious until last night and obviously wasn't able to call in because I didn't have my phone nor was I able to because I wasn't up, which ended up being no shows. After being discharged from the hospital, I am now being told I cannot work for a week because I am mandated to go to an outpatient program for possible ptsd. I have the paperwork for this week's absence and I will have paperwork my treatment week. I have immediately let my supervisors know today earlier when I got my phone back. I work at UPS CACH in hodgekins IL. My question is...

Am I in the clear?

Superteeth2478

You probably received a 48-hour return to work notice, and a termination letter in the mail thereafter. The return to work notice will tell you to bring appropriate documentation. Obviously that will be your hospital documents. Bring copies of all the relevant paperwork and file a grievance on the termination letter. Give those things to a reputable steward. You shouldn't have a problem getting re-instated.

Hey guys! First forum post but I wanted to post a question that will be on my mind until I go back to work.

Tuesday night I have been assaulted/robbed and ended up recieving a near fatal stab wound to the neck. Due to blood loss, I have been unconscious until last night and obviously wasn't able to call in because I didn't have my phone nor was I able to because I wasn't up, which ended up being no shows. After being discharged from the hospital, I am now being told I cannot work for a week because I am mandated to go to an outpatient program for possible ptsd. I have the paperwork for this week's absence and I will have paperwork my treatment week. I work at UPS CACH in hodgekins IL. My question is...

Am I in the clear?
Just as long as you have a doctor's excuse

Right @Turdferguson

Poop Head

Judge me.

Tuesday night I have been assaulted/robbed and ended up recieving a near fatal stab wound to the neck. Due to blood loss, I have been unconscious until last night and obviously wasn't able to call in because I didn't have my phone nor was I able to because I wasn't up, which ended up being no shows. After being discharged from the hospital, I am now being told I cannot work for a week because I am mandated to go to an outpatient program for possible ptsd. I have the paperwork for this week's absence and I will have paperwork my treatment week. I have immediately let my supervisors know today earlier when I got my phone back. I work at UPS CACH in hodgekins IL. My question is...

Am I in the clear?
You should be good.
The real question is, you gonna get even with the guy who stabbed you?

Barbed

You probably received a 48-hour return to work notice, and a termination letter in the mail thereafter. The return to work notice will tell you to bring appropriate documentation. Obviously that will be your hospital documents. Bring copies of all the relevant paperwork and file a grievance on the termination letter. Give those things to a reputable steward. You shouldn't have a problem getting re-instated.

That's good news. But nope. Got nothing in the mail. And I just got texts back from my supervisors saying they'll let my full time know today. Hopefully all goes well.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Am I in the clear?

Stop being a pusillanimous and show up to work when you are supposed to

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Am I in the clear?
was it a drug deal gone bad

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Am I in the clear?

Paybacks a beatch

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Am I in the clear?

All that over some weed ?

brostalss

Your local BA should be able to round up some of the local boys and disappear the guy who stabbed you.

They haven't found Hoffa yet.

J.R.

Am I in the clear?
You should be good

Box Ox

Tuesday night I have been assaulted/robbed and ended up recieving a near fatal stab wound to the neck. Due to blood loss, I have been unconscious until last night and obviously wasn't able to call in because I didn't have my phone nor was I able to because I wasn't up, which ended up being no shows.

Am I in the clear?

How could you not be in the clear? You got stabbed in your :censored2:ing neck. LOL

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's good news. But nope. Got nothing in the mail. And I just got texts back from my supervisors saying they'll let my full time know today. Hopefully all goes well.

First, glad you are ok, and I hope your recovery goes well. Second, if you have worked for UPS for at least 12 months, and have worked at least 1250 hours in the last 12 months you would be protected by FMLA. If you meet those requirements, ask for the paperwork to fill out and you will be covered for up to 12 weeks, including the time you've already missed. Any rational person would accept your circumstances as an excusable absence, even if you are not covered by FMLA.

542thruNthru

Am I in the clear?

You're fine relax. Call and explain what happen and make sure you bring the proof to show them. Also look into state disability.