Spelling of Names....

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
For signature required packages, do you spell names correctly/accurately or do you spell phonetically?
Phonetically and man I jack some of them up bad

I get lazy and usually just guess. I screwed up a name so bad one time I was called into the office for it.

The name was pronounced "shyter"

It was spelled Schiter

It was written in the board like this:

name.png

My guess was not remotely close:

name1.png

Rack em

Made the Podium
I just spell it out how it sounds. One time I realized I was spelling a customers last name horribly wrong for over 3 years because of how she said it with her accent.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Usually they are aware their last name is a b@stard of a last name and spell it for me, after I give them the glance that signals your last name sucks.

If they don’t, I say adios and put whatever I want in the diad.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
On a signature required package with a difficult last name, I peel the PAL label off before the delivery and use that to type the name in. You can also type in the name from the address label. I have seen where other drivers typed in "Man or Woman" at a CIR stop.

old levi's

blank space
On a signature required package with a difficult last name, I peel the PAL label off before the delivery and use that to type the name in. You can also type in the name from the address label. I have seen where other drivers typed in "Man or Woman" at a CIR stop.

Right, if I saw a sig. req. ahead of time for some crap foreign name, I would print it out on the back of the del. notice pad and regardless of the name they signed that's what I entered.

Brohn Bron

I give the customer my board and tell them to type their last name cuz I can’t read their scribble. And the people with the long long last names.

Not a big fan of customers punching buttons on my board. I had one customer who use to try and take my board from me to punch it in his name. I backed away like he was trying to grab my dong.