Spelling of Names....

Theupsrookie

Not a big fan of customers punching buttons on my board. I had one customer who use to try and take my board from me to punch it in his name. I backed away like he was trying to grab my dong.

Got a lady on a route i cover who signs , puts front desk and stop completes, first time i was like wow , she said she has been doing it for 21 years

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Had a DFU at a business because I misspelt the last name and the guy claim he didnt employ any Cater... Sig printout shown "J carter" which is his last name... FML
Next Diad should take pictures or video as the person signs

Indecisi0n

Had a DFU at a business because I misspelt the last name and the guy claim he didnt employ any Cater... Sig printout shown "J carter" which is his last name... FML
Next Diad should take pictures or video as the person signs
That's all I need is the DIAD recording me peeing in the back of the PC.

Heavy Package

On a signature required package with a difficult last name, I peel the PAL label off before the delivery and use that to type the name in. You can also type in the name from the address label. I have seen where other drivers typed in "Man or Woman" at a CIR stop.

Too much work. I type :censored2: if they were hard to deal with and Okay if they were not a pain in the :censored2:.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
We used to screw with customers that were a pain in the ass. We'd tell them they had to speak into the diad, say your name and then spell it. They'd talk super slow into the little speaker hole. Then you decided if you wanted to see them do it again. Sorry, it didn't register, try again. I'd tell them the diad was always recording, they'd act as if the government was always listening.

Then you punched it in as you walked away.

BrownThunder

What's so hard about asking "can you spell that for me please?"

Takes too long. I will only waste time for attractive females I encounter on the route. Dont act like I'm the only one who asks for signatures on packages that dont even require one when the woman is attractive.

And dont let her shirt be low cut, bring the DIAD to her at about waist level and she will instinctively push her "situation" together right before your eyes.

It's the little things that get you through your day fellas.

Last edited:

DOK

For signature required packages, do you spell names correctly/accurately or do you spell phonetically?

With c.i.r. In full effect I just pick one from whatever’s available, if it’s a house stop I just type the name that’s on the label.

Brohn Bron

Nothing hard about it but this is about seconds man, Ups took 15 seconds per stop from me, gotta make it up somehow.

Most definitely. I’m still pissed about that. But I don’t mess around with signature requireds. Business pkgs are a different story. Sure CIR it, I don’t mess around with signature required resi. You sign or you don’t get it.

On a side note, if sign my info notice or call the center saying you were home and saw my truck, FU. Come sign for the package then. Not playing these games.