Spokane Airport UPS Rocks !

Box_Troll

Have my first week under my belt as a package handler, and all I can say is my experience so far with UPS is nothing like so many of the posts I have read through out the forum.

Awesome co-workers, awesome supervisors, and awesome work environment at Spokane airport UPS.

Everyone works as a team, including the supervisors.

Yes, it is fast pace, but I am liking everything about it so far.

Because it is at an airport, the initial testing is pretty crazy.. Tons of tests including hazmat, osha, environmental, safety, and general UPS operations. Also separate tests at the airport police station for a required airport security badge.

Have my first week under my belt as a package handler, and all I can say is my experience so far with UPS is nothing like so many of the posts I have read through out the forum.

Awesome co-workers, awesome supervisors, and awesome work environment at Spokane airport UPS.

Because it is at an airport, the initial testing is pretty crazy.. Tons of tests including hazmat, osha, environmental, safety, and general UPS operations. Also separate tests at the airport police station for a required airport security badge.
Get back to is during peak and let us know if you still feel the same way.

ManInBrown

KEWL

Integrity

Binge Poster

Great attitude.

Awesome post.

I am very thankful and appreciative of the positive aspects of my employ with UPS as well.

Question:
Does the management over there at the Spokane Airport Facility expect the safe lifting methods training (the 8 Keys to Lifting and Lowering) to be followed as a way of life for the package handlers to safely handling packages?

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer

You've only been here a week and you've judged the whole company? Give us an update in a year. Then tell me how much you love the place. I was training a 1st day new hire yesterday on a route (289 stops.)
He quit in the middle of the day. Made him take a uber back to the building. Next!

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
You've only been here a week and you've judged the whole company? Give us an update in a year. Then tell me how much you love the place. I was training a 1st day new hire yesterday on a route (289 stops.)
He quit in the middle of the day. Made him take a uber back to the building. Next!

Doubtful

@Integrity her new hire quit because she was harassing him to go faster and work unsafe.
@BestSupEver is a detriment to UPS.

Management is the ENEMY

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
What is your judgment of the company?

Why did the new hire quit?

Staydryitsraining

Your a liberal. Just be quiet and enjoy you utopia

Box_Troll

Great attitude.

Awesome post.

I am very thankful and appreciative of the positive aspects of my employ with UPS as well.

Question:
Does the management over there at the Spokane Airport Facility expect the safe lifting methods training (the 8 Keys to Lifting and Lowering) to be followed as a way of life for the package handlers to safely handling packages?

Ya know, this has not come up. It was covered in the tests. I hesitate to say they expect it as a way of life, but I have certainly noticed handlers helping handlers lift heavier items.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Doubtful

@Integrity her new hire quit because she was harassing him to go faster and work unsafe.
@BestSupEver is a detriment to UPS.

Management is the ENEMY
I don’t know what qualifies you to answer on behalf of @BestSupEver but never the less I will wait for @BestSupEver’s answer.

I view management as being on opposite sides of the table, but not as extreme as the enemy.

However, I know Integrity is viewed by many in management as their enemy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ya know, this has not come up. It was covered in the tests. I hesitate to say they expect it as a way of life, but I have certainly noticed handlers helping handlers lift heavier items.
Rewording of question:

Do you lift every package that you handle according to UPS training for lifting and lowering that you received?

Does every one of your coworkers lift every package that they handle according to UPS training for lifting and lowering that you received?

MattM

Airports are NOT package car based HUBs. Whole different mindset and way of life. Airports are where you generally go to retire from UPS life.

The drivers laugh at what we do.

Airport is more heavy machines and pulling. Lots more safety at play. But generally less repetitive.