SRP/EBO Deadline This Friday

tieguy

Banned
You must mean denied to a select few. It is given to all levels of management in operations that are 54+ years of age except one the supervisor.

They probably did their analysis and found those folks were leaving anyway. In my district the ones above 55 that stayed are all managers and higher.

Six Sides

They probably did their analysis and found those folks were leaving anyway. In my district the ones above 55 that stayed are all managers and higher.

Glad to hear that so many are staying. Maybe the company will make a second pass to supervisors to “Make The Number” as they should have done to start with.

Six Sides

If the ones in you district over 55 are staying, you would have to wonder about their ability to make management and financial decisions.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I thought the reason for the buy out is because the company finally figured out that they were giving there money away to these managers for doing nothing?

This is still happening where I am. I do wonder how much actual change we will see in package ops. It will be disappointing to just see shuffling into the same positions without addressing the duplication of personnel for daily duties.

This is still happening where I am. I do wonder how much actual change we will see in package ops. It will be disappointing to just see shuffling into the same positions without addressing the duplication of personnel for daily duties.
When we see nothing but a bunch of guys and girls in brown carrying cardboard we'll know were in a good place. All we need is a couple of guys and girls in suits.

tieguy

Banned
If the ones in you district over 55 are staying, you would have to wonder about their ability to make management and financial decisions.

I guess you could make that argument. The ones I've talked to cite last years market crash ,economic conditions and economic uncertanity as the reasons for staying. If you're not sure where the economy is headed then it may be wise to hold onto what you have.

Cezanne

I guess you could make that argument. The ones I've talked to cite last years market crash ,economic conditions and economic uncertanity as the reasons for staying. If you're not sure where the economy is headed then it may be wise to hold onto what you have.
Tie, you know and I know that they can take anything that you have, forget about holding on to it. They can raise you retirement age requirement to 62 if they want, they can change your benefit package to reduce your monthly retirement check. How about raising your retirement medical co pay to let us say 500 dollars per individual in your household.

So those you were offered this buyout whether it was a SRP or EBO go on and stay, do not be surprised to be reassigned in Minot, North Dakota as a preload or on car supervisor position. Sure it will work out if you can keep your nose clean, work smart, stay healthy and sweat it out till you turn age 55, would be interesting to see just what percentage of said individuals would be able to do that?:whiteflag:

nerrollus

What is happening to our company is basically a long-overdue enema.

We have become a bloated, flaccid pile of bureacratic lard, with too many mid and upper-level management people trying to justify their own existence by burying those below them in reports, memos, unachievable metrics, and impossible expectations. We are wallowing in a pool of our own excrement and its time to break free of that swamp, shed the dead weight, and hit the ground running.

I am optimistic that those who remain will have enough actual work to do that they wont have time for the endless reports and pointless micromanaging.

Yeah ... It's completely amazed me that they cut loose of so many people that actually do work and keep the company moving before they started on all the managers. We've been so horribly top-heavy for a long, long time. Maybe some of us peons can actually start getting back to the way things should be.

tieguy

Banned
I see a lot of hope that micromanagement will go to the wayside. I don't personally see it. I think the committment is there to continue the style we have adopted. I guess we'll have a better idea in late march early april when the remaining staff goes through the new training.