Staff at Dist and Reg are announced!!!

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Red Rose...that former ENE Div Mgr has/is in Public Affairs in Washington.

It is definitely a sad time at UPS. I feel for the folks that made many sacrifices over the years, moving their families multiple times, maybe in their late 40's and they are out of a job. Let's see how the new structure works out and that we don't put a bunch of people on "special assignment" or sit them on the "bench".

Not sure we are speaking of the same one. The Division Manager I am referring to eventually got promoted to District Manager - somewhere outside of the NE region. Anyway, his name is nowhere to be found.
I personally don't know anyone who has been demoted or not given a job assignment YET.

I know a Center Manager from years back - about 10 yrs ago -who was promoted to Labor Manager at Corporate, relocated entire family from NE - he is now assigned back in the NE district as Labor Mgr - not sure if this is a promotion, lateral or demotion.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
All I heard that all mid managers in ene must come starting monday 3/15 wearing a suit coat and tie.They need to have picture taken one front view and at 45 degree (side view) sounds like a mug shot if you ask me.But next 2 weeks you will see managers dissappear and done by 4/5/10 ups is right on there time line buy out 80 mill off the books 1st quarter of 2010. You will not se any announcement like last friday. the ones are let go will just dissappear and we will find word of mouth. probally by our feeder network???????????????????????????????

or automotive network!!!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Our district LP man was moved way out to the Northwest....Hope he likes cold weather. I know of two that took the buyout, one happy, and one certain that UPS will fail within 2 years, cause he is no longer with us.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
the promtion i saw (that hit close to home) was a director of sales for a district being named director of business development for the much larger district, having two new DOS's under their watch.

its a travisty. politics was key here, I'm sure

AvgJoe

Not sure we are speaking of the same one. The Division Manager I am referring to eventually got promoted to District Manager - somewhere outside of the NE region. Anyway, his name is nowhere to be found.
I personally don't know anyone who has been demoted or not given a job assignment YET.

I know a Center Manager from years back - about 10 yrs ago -who was promoted to Labor Manager at Corporate, relocated entire family from NE - he is now assigned back in the NE district as Labor Mgr - not sure if this is a promotion, lateral or demotion.

There were 2 ENE DM's that I know of that were promoted to District Mgrs - The one in public affairs initials are MB. Another one was an IE section leader in ENE and is now a Dist Mgr at SCS. I'm sure there are others over the years but those 2 come to mind.

Are you talking about the Labor Mgr from Long Island?

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
There were 2 ENE DM's that I know of that were promoted to District Mgrs - The one in public affairs initials are MB. Another one was an IE section leader in ENE and is now a Dist Mgr at SCS. I'm sure there are others over the years but those 2 come to mind.

Are you talking about the Labor Mgr from Long Island?

Yep thats the one. Is he still around despite consolidation?
No he was promoted to corporate, but I heard he was reassigned, prior to this consolidation, same position in NNE and now has same position in new district. I was mistaken, I thought he was brought back to the district during this mess

airbusfxr

Whats funny is that NO airline changes were made. Still have large number of pilot managers flying desks, heck they are even trying to unionize. The aircraft maintenance department is full of Div Mgrs and have a boatload of additional center managers roaming the halls filling offices. I dont know why the ground side seemed to cut back, but the airline is getting fatter. OH Scott Davis is an airline man from II Morrow and UPS Aviation and makes sure his air golden goose is well staffed.

Last edited:

lastoasis

Whats funny is that NO airline changes were made. Still have large number of pilot managers flying desks, heck they are even trying to unionize. The aircraft maintenance department is full of Div Mgrs and have a boatload of additional center managers roaming the halls filling offices. I dont know why the ground side seemed to cut back, but the airline is getting fatter. OH Scott Davis is an airline man from II Morrow and UPS Aviation and makes sure his air golden goose is well staffed.

I thought 300 pilots were being eliminated.......

airbusfxr

Yes, funny thing no mgt pilots were laid off or let go. Just wait, there are NO pilots picking up open time and the only reason flights were staffed was due to overtime. No lay off 300, cut overtime and now sit at your gateway and wait on an NDA late inbound due to no crew. When it does show up at noon have your drivers deliver free packages around your city. Oh maybe a couple of the mgt pilots will jump in to help but they are trying to join the union to get protection. Funny the ground side seems to think the airline is a well oiled machine. Well the can in empty and it might keep running but with NO CHANGES in Airline Ops it will be decisions as usual. STEP over A dollar to pick up a PENNY.

tieguy

Banned
Yes, funny thing no mgt pilots were laid off or let go. Just wait, there are NO pilots picking up open time and the only reason flights were staffed was due to overtime. No lay off 300, cut overtime and now sit at your gateway and wait on an NDA late inbound due to no crew. When it does show up at noon have your drivers deliver free packages around your city. Oh maybe a couple of the mgt pilots will jump in to help but they are trying to join the union to get protection. Funny the ground side seems to think the airline is a well oiled machine. Well the can in empty and it might keep running but with NO CHANGES in Airline Ops it will be decisions as usual. STEP over A dollar to pick up a PENNY.

Were charges ever filed against your parents?:wink2:

UPSSOCKS

AirBusFxr, is not very bright... He doesn't know anything about the company or the union... His words aren't worth very much, so don't look too much into what he says....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
AirBusFxr, is not very bright... He doesn't know anything about the company or the union... His words aren't worth very much, so don't look too much into what he says....
Words of wisdom from the BC fool. How enlightening.

d