Staff at Dist and Reg are announced!!!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Some of the ones I came up with in the company are gone also.... Lot of names I didn't reconize, so it looks like a whole bunch of training will have to go on.

tieguy

Banned
At this point it looks like we have three divison managers not accounted for in the new job listings. Still trying to find out what happened to them.

Rumor has it one divison manager in the old southeast region threw a major canniption fit when told his good news wednesday and that he may have walked out and quit. Supposedly left screaming at the region manager.

Six Sides

All are accounted for in my district, in some position. The only ones missing are the ones at retirement age that accepted the SPR. Strange!!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Just curious ... for the one's that did not get selected, what attributes made you want them to be selected?

i'd say in sales that they actually have to be able to speak to the customer without sounding like a whiney bitch. or maybe that gets your promoted, i forget.

sales should be all about numbers. period.

Buffaloaf

I forgot, when do this come into effect? I noticed that my Division Manager wasn't on the list, but he was planning on retiring in April. Is it likely that he had to "retire" earlier? Or is it just that he is retiring before these come into effect and so he is just left off the list?

At this point it looks like we have three divison managers not accounted for in the new job listings. Still trying to find out what happened to them.

Rumor has it one divison manager in the old southeast region threw a major canniption fit when told his good news wednesday and that he may have walked out and quit. Supposedly left screaming at the region manager.
LMAO

RoyalFlush

One of Them

If there's three less from a large district we can estimate that there will be roughly 150 less division level managers. Add a handful of district and region managers and we have maybe 200 less people. The reductions are planned to be 1,800 people, mostly center manager level and above. Looks like there will be a lot of center manager level positions eliminated.

Some of the eliminations and moves make sense, others make me go Hmmmmmmmmm.

I see a whole new level of region coordinator level jobs have been added. This seems very odd, sine the region managers don't really serve much purpose anyway.

Next round, center level managers and admins.

tieguy

Banned
If there's three less from a large district we can estimate that there will be roughly 150 less division level managers. Add a handful of district and region managers and we have maybe 200 less people. The reductions are planned to be 1,800 people, mostly center manager level and above. Looks like there will be a lot of center manager level positions eliminated.

Some of the eliminations and moves make sense, others make me go Hmmmmmmmmm.

I see a whole new level of region coordinator level jobs have been added. This seems very odd, sine the region managers don't really serve much purpose anyway.

Next round, center level managers and admins.

Are you including all the jobs eliminated by reducing the number of regions and districts in your count?

tieguy

Banned
UPS is a big company so there are a lot of people I don't know...

When I looked at the list, I didn't see promotions. Are you sure you saw a promotion?

It would be a lot easier to see the list of those not selected. Of course, that was not the intent of the communication.

P-Man

The promotions I see are from divison manager to operations manager. Its interesting how in a time where we go from 46 districts to twenty we still managed to slip in a few promotions.

looking at the new structure it appears there is still some fat to be trimmed. For example I'm not sure why some districts have a transportation ops manager with what appears to be five divison managers reporting to that person.

pretzel_man

The promotions I see are from divison manager to operations manager. Its interesting how in a time where we go from 46 districts to twenty we still managed to slip in a few promotions.

looking at the new structure it appears there is still some fat to be trimmed. For example I'm not sure why some districts have a transportation ops manager with what appears to be five divison managers reporting to that person.

Okay,

Not sure I understand that one either. I thought those were going to be filled by displaced district managers....

tieguy

Banned
Okay,

Not sure I understand that one either. I thought those were going to be filled by displaced district managers....

They may have been. I have not gone through and really don't have the personnel knowledge to do a complete accounting of the moves.

The biggest disparity i see right now is a package ops manager of a top five district getting bumped back. In fairness to the listed criteria though he has not been in his ops manager position that long.

I'm hearing some divison managers were regiven the spr/ebo offer and given until monday to reconsider it.

So now the questions is what happened to the guys who dissapeared off the various lists. Were they given seperation offers? Demoted down to available manager positions?

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Any idea why the announcement did not tell us what the new divisions will be and which divisions these managers will be assigned to? Divison Manager is claiming he doesn't know where he is being assigned to...

My old district has the same division managers, the only changes I see are managers (such as controller, IE manager, marketing) swapping jobs. (just to clarify, I see all my district's current division managers along with many I don't recognize - probably from the 2 districts which consolidated with my district)

Looks like if they have to get to that magic 1800 number, majority of the cut backs will have to happen at center manager or below level.

Does anyone know how many of the 1100 actually accepted EBO? I see one (in the 50-54 range) back in his old position - District Security Manager...

Last edited: