Starting as preloader, seen mixed opinions on whether these shoes are allowed.

flash1000

I am starting soon as a preloader. I bought these new balance shoes as they are black, leather, and have a slip resistant bottom. The box says they are part of the NB Industrial line they sell. I have a proper pair of boots coming soon (I wear a size 14 so shopping in person is difficult). Are these acceptable or will my supervisor send me home? I have searched other threads and seen people saying they are fine and others saying they are sneakers and therefore not allowed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 69

Nah
I am starting soon as a preloader. I bought these new balance shoes as they are black, leather, and have a slip resistant bottom. The box says they are part of the NB Industrial line they sell. I have a proper pair of boots coming soon (I wear a size 14 so shopping in person is difficult). Are these acceptable or will my supervisor send me home? I have searched other threads and seen people saying they are fine and others saying they are sneakers and therefore not allowed.
These days, I don't think they'd send you home unless you were wearing sandals.

Nah
In my entire time with UPS I never saw a part timer sent home for shoes/boots. Not saying it can't happen, but I think you're good. Show up with those. Worst case scenario you'll have to buy something else.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Those are granny shoes. But looks okay for hub ratting..

Brownwind

Yep you chose a quality shoe that fits the description provided. Most don’t last 3 days in the building so don’t worry about the little stuff. Work safe and don’t steal time and you’ll be fine.

nWo

Should be fine. Every once in awhile a management will get a hair up their ass and pick on someone for their shoes.

upser2020

I doubt they'd say anything at least based on my experience. I will say personally I have tried slip resistant shoes vs boots and I can tell you two things: even tread safe slip resistant shoes don't grip very well and my feet hurt more wearing shoes vs boots. If your position requires you to walk up or down chutes or belts you want good traction. I think the extra padding and rubber tread are why I hurt less wearing boots but that's just a guess.

Box Ox

That’s just something they have to say. Boots are too heavy for loading pkg cars.

This. My personal preference was slip-resistant work shoes with a crush-rated composite toe. Light weight, never too hot or cold and I never had to worry about my toes on the belt.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All that matters is that you can fog a mirror held under your nose. They need fresh meat. Those shoes are fine.