Starting pay

JL 0513

Problem is, you don't just get called in for an interview and become a driver. Although it's possible on a 1 out of 6 basis (for every 5 in house advances into driving from PT, they may hire off the street). In my center, 1 person went driving over the course of 5 years. Took me 5.5 years of slaving away PT. It could take a center 10-15 years to to get to the point of hiring a guy off the street.

Sorry to burst you bubble but the reality is tough to swallow. You could look into it (depends on area), but I bet you'll be staying with your current job.

It's almost easier becoming a member of the US House of Representatives.

Mack Grant

Good morning to all ... I'm new here in this forum .. I don't know if this question been answered before but what's the starting salary for package delivery driver... I'm currently working as a private sanitation worker I know I'm going to take a huge pay cut but i want to know what numbers I'll be looking at before it sit down in a interview .. If someone can actually post the take home a week after taxes would be greatly appreciated ... Thank ls in advance
You'll start at around 16.25 with a raise (1$ an hour) after 30 days. Don't be discouraged by those on here trying to dissuade you, it's a great job, and a step up from what you're doing now. You'll be grossing, before taxes, about what you're bringing home now. Once you reach top rate (4yrs) it will be a good bit more.
A word of caution though, be fully committed to what your getting into. UPS is unlike any of the companies you've worked for in the past. There is a 30 day trial period for all drivers. And if you leave your current job to join UPS and don't make book, you'll be out of a job. Know what your getting into, and if necessary have a plan B.

mook8809

im not really interested in driver position, more curious i was wondering if a package car mechanic could bid into a driver position.

PT Car Washer

The way I understand it is mechanics have an agreement with the company that they can not bid into any driving or package handling jobs. They can bid different hours yearly and go from package car to tractor or to trailer mechanic.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its a big gamble trying to get a job here with the expectation of becoming a driver 1 day. Yeah you could get a job here but you would be probably most likely be starting out at part time. Unless of course you get hired as a driver off the street which usually doesnt happen but theres a very slim chance that it could happen. You would be going from a fulltime job to a part time job and wouldn't make jack schiznitt as far as money goes as a part timer. You would then have to work 2 jobs just to make it to pay your bills. Then it could take a year to go full time or it could take 10 years to go fulltime. Its a big gamble that's for sure. If you go for an interview, have that in the back of your mind and don't let them lie to you and say yeah you will go fulltime in like a year or two. With the way these idiots owe all of our center so many drivers, I wouldn't trust them to save my life dude. Just some things you should know before you screw yourself over with a really bad, not thought out decision. Hope this helps and any other info you can get from other people on here.

upschuck

im not really interested in driver position, more curious i was wondering if a package car mechanic could bid into a driver position.
The way I understand it is mechanics have an agreement with the company that they can not bid into any driving or package handling jobs. They can bid different hours yearly and go from package car to tractor or to trailer mechanic.
I guess it depends on where you are, because we've had a few mechanics go into driving. Had another sign on for a satellite route, but DQ'ed himself before integrad. A mechanic makes more per hour than a PC driver, here anyways.

slim613

so can someone send me in the right direction of "shop" and "union" talk may be looking at working for ups i tried searching but didn't find anything

located in amarillo TX

Sent using BrownCafe App