Station money

Maui

Our director at that time was pretty strict about it and he wanted us spending money. He never mentioned a budget and when I asked my senior about how much or how often was too much or too often, he said not to worry about it - they'd tell us to ease up if we did it too much.

That director had the reputation of a hardass (undeserved; he didn't listen to excuses) but he was probably the most people oriented director I've known. Spend all the money you want on whatever makes them happy, but you'd better deliver - that was his motto.

Some seniors don't spend squat when I KNOW their director's don't have a problem with it. That ticks me off when the director will approve it no questions asked and the senior won't do it. Can't take it with you, it's not yours, and there's nothing to be gained by not doing it.
I agree. I think in general I would just have the Ops Managers buy it. Approval goes straight to the Senior Manager. Some people just don't spend money. It doesn't take much most of the time a few hundred $. For peak get a food truck. Have a safety rodeo and get it catered - cost much less than an accident or injury.

Some people need ti change their mindset. FT employees spend 40-60 hours at work. Make it as nice as possible.

yadig

I agree. I think in general I would just have the Ops Managers buy it. Approval goes straight to the Senior Manager. Some people just don't spend money. It doesn't take much most of the time a few hundred $. For peak get a food truck. Have a safety rodeo and get it catered - cost much less than an accident or injury.

Some people need ti change their mindset. FT employees spend 40-60 hours at work. Make it as nice as possible.
Lol! That ain’t happening at my ramp! We’re lucky to get fried chicken from sams!