Staying at old building when new one opens

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TheFearlessBunny, Oct 1, 2018.

1. TheFearlessBunny

TheFearlessBunny New Member

We have a new building opening this Friday. I’m in my 30 days as an on-call air driver and I’m still reporting to twilight at my hub because I can’t live off of $200 a week. Starting tomorrow (day 18) my on road is flipping me to a tcd. This center is moving to the new hub on Friday and I am not going. I don’t like the center and I can’t stand the routes. I drove for the last peak and hated it. I’d rather try my luck with the new center. I asked one HR lady and she said I’ll end tail with the new center and pickup where I’m at in my packet, the next one told me I either go with them or DQ myself. Does anyone at least have an approach for something like this? I’d rather not make 1/4 of the money all peak.

2. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

You do not like the new center, or the old one?
    The "new building" here has a lot of country route options, and I doubt the hours are going to be much different during peak.

3. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

Suck it up buttercup. You need the money, your young. Just strap on a set and work it..

4. TheFearlessBunny

TheFearlessBunny New Member

I don’t like the current one but they’re moving to the new building. Haven’t met the management for the new one. Sorry, I meant 1/4 the pay as in working in the hub from DQ.

5. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

go west young man

6. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Plenty of overtime in the west lol.

7. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Wait until you figure out how much money you might lose out on over time as a result of a self-DQ.

8. Dulce Bombón

Dulce Bombón I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Suggestion: Apply with Amazon you will have 12 hours a day full benefits since day one + 15 an hour. Good luck. No more drama or indecisions.

9. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Screw that. Become a plumber.