STD/wc

I’ve been having knee pain since peak due to working 6 days a week , tried to tough it out but couldn’t handle it anymore , so I went to my dr. and got evaluated am he said I have patellar tendonitis due to the overuse on my job . I don’t know how this will pan out ?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’ve been having knee pain since peak due to working 6 days a week , tried to tough it out but couldn’t handle it anymore , so I went to my dr. and got evaluated am he said I have patellar tendonitis due to the overuse on my job . I don’t know how this will pan out ?
What did your doctor recommend as a treatment plan? He’s the only one who can answer how this will pan out. He’s the doctor.

He put me on steroids but he said “I’m gonna be honest , the steroids might work a little but as soon as I step back on the truck I’m going to have the same problem

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
He put me on steroids but he said “I’m gonna be honest , the steroids might work a little but as soon as I step back on the truck I’m going to have the same problem
Have you told ups this

Not sure how you know this is from working 6 days I’d let the Dr. make that diagnosis

Yes I notified my sup during peak and he suggested I go to the DR . But the Dr wrote on the short term disability form . “Work related , patellar tendonitis due to overuse “ and I agree bc I’m haven’t been active bc of the pain . Working 6 days was my breaKing point

Johney

Yes I notified my sup during peak and he suggested I go to the DR . But the Dr wrote on the short term disability form . “Work related , patellar tendonitis due to overuse “ and I agree bc I’m haven’t been active bc of the pain . Working 6 days was my breaKing point
Are you using your own insurance at this point?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So you don't have a tear, so that's good.

Rest is what's needed. Did the Dr suggest a brace and physical therapy?

rest is not going to help . I caught Covid in January after peak an was off 2 weeks . When I came back to work I thought I was going to be fine and dandy but was still in pain . But I was told I will have to fight for workers comp since it happen on the job

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
rest is not going to help . I caught Covid in January after peak an was off 2 weeks . When I came back to work I thought I was going to be fine and dandy but was still in pain . But I was told I will have to fight for workers comp since it happen on the job
Rest/pt is all you can do. You have inflammation of the ligament.

I don’t know how this is going to turn out but hopefully I can make it long enough to bid off package cars . I’m only 30 and have a long way to go .

Yup and good luck with that. I'd start looking for a good comp attorney now.
That’s what I was told by my steward , he told me to file short term dis after that I’m going to get denied since my DR said it’s work related then shoot for work comp . I will probably get denied but I would have to sue our insurance

Johney

That’s what I was told by my steward , he told me to file short term dis after that I’m going to get denied since my DR said it’s work related then shoot for work comp . I will probably get denied but I would have to sue our insurance
Teamcare or Liberty Mutual?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Time to lawyer up
Liberty Mutual will try and dick you around at every chance

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Repetitive motion injuries should be covered by comp but yes they will try to fight it. Get a good lawyer.

no my sup has been working with me by giving me days off every week that’s the only reason I’ve lasted this long but I’m going to put up a good fight

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

How long have you been a driver ?