Stealing company time.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You were following the company's training on staying hydrated....
You think that'll fly when the employee could've brought it to work in their cooler? The OP said they were on the way to the first stop, not in the middle of the day and ran out of ice.

tadpole

You think that'll fly when the employee could've brought it to work in their cooler? The OP said they were on the way to the first stop, not in the middle of the day and ran out of ice.
If you got the ice early instead of taking your normal time morning break, maybe you broke the rules about when to use your break, but you certainly aren’t stealing time.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
If you got the ice early instead of taking your normal time morning break, maybe you broke the rules about when to use your break, but you certainly aren’t stealing time.
The problem was that it wasn't coded out that day before they punched out or the total allowed breaks were expended and the board was punched out without coding unpaid personal time in it to cover the time. I am amazed at the petty garbage the company requires of PC drivers and here they let a certain feeder driver stand around all the time because the pcs they pick up shows them greatly under allowed every day. Total garbage.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The problem was that it wasn't coded out that day before they punched out or the total allowed breaks were expended and the board was punched out without coding unpaid personal time in it to cover the time. I am amazed at the petty garbage the company requires of PC drivers and here they let a certain feeder driver stand around all the time because the pcs they pick up shows them greatly under allowed every day. Total garbage.
It's not just there.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Standing around is 40% of my day..
probly closer to 60% for me and i gotta stool for when i get tired of standing around. hey, is it stealing time to have a tablet set up at my workstation and watch baseball while im working/waiting/waiting /waiting/working/waiting/waiting/waitng?

over9five

Staff member
probly closer to 60% for me and i gotta stool for when i get tired of standing around. hey, is it stealing time to have a tablet set up at my workstation and watch baseball while im working/waiting/waiting /waiting/working/waiting/waiting/waitng?
Yes. Any downtime should be utilized by studying the 8 point commentary and the 13 yard control methods, or even the A B C's of seeing habits.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
What about the 12 keys to lifting and lowering?

We got that covered for mornings.

Get close.
Position feet.
Call your coworker over.
Call another neighbor over.
Tell them to bend at the knees.
Coordinate their lift.
Watch as they grab the package in the middle by the straps.
Test for weight and shifting contents by shaking boxes full of fragile things.
Tell them where to put the package.
Make sure they lift with a smooth, steady motion.
Watch them twist instead of stepping or pivoting.
Throwing packages onto the floor counts as using existing equipment.

542thruNthru

No where in my training does it say I have to bring my own water and ice to work.

Per UPS I am to take steps to prevent heat related illnesses. Getting ice water is one of those.
Screenshot_20190810-165805_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sounds like he was doing his best to prevent a injury to me.