Stealing Time?

S

selfcancelsignal

In my best voice from the ol' west... "Yer stealin' tiiime!"

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The OP is working as directed and you are not stealing time waiting for a letter box.

Letter box times are there for a reason so asking for a change really isn't in UPS's best interest.
A UPS customer or business nearby requested it, so as long as the box isn't empty everyday bring a magazine or newspaper and wait.

Indecisi0n

I wouldn't sit for 45 mins without telling the office. Even if you just send message "sitting at boxes waiting". They might have someone who can cover the late one and have to drive in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The OP is working as directed and you are not stealing time waiting for a letter box.

Letter box times are there for a reason so asking for a change really isn't in UPS's best interest.
A UPS customer or business nearby requested it, so as long as the box isn't empty everyday bring a magazine or newspaper and wait.

There may have been changes made since the box was installed which negate the need for the later time. For example, the business that requested the later time has either moved or gone out of business. The location is a prime one but the commit time can be moved back. I have had several commit times changed---all it took was a simple request on my part and a few phone calls by mgt to confirm.

Resident know-it-all.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's up to you. If you are concerned with them thinking you arestealing an intangible concept (time) then take your lunch. If not, sit back and relax and take easy money. Remember, it's up to you.

By The Book

It's up to you. If you are concerned with them thinking you arestealing an intangible concept (time) then take your lunch. If not, sit back and relax and take easy money. Remember, it's up to you.
If you work over 6 hours here you are required to take a 30 min lunch. I believe you said you weren't taking one and if you are allowed one maybe you could justify this down time as the lunch you aren't taking. Ask the regular guy what he does.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you've ever tried to get a letterbox time changed you know it takes an act of congress. One route I used to run I'd wait for 30-40 min daily at the box and tried a lot to get it changed with no luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you feel so guilty about waiting, just bring some safety crap to read and code the time out as "safety training". Its a win-win situation!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you've ever tried to get a letterbox time changed you know it takes an act of congress. One route I used to run I'd wait for 30-40 min daily at the box and tried a lot to get it changed with no luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I have gotten two of them changed in my favor (earlier) so it can be done .

Resident know-it-all.

rhondadot

Always send a message to the center stating you are waiting. I say always cover yourself. I use to trust this company but not any more. Sups can't bd trusted anymore, they are to busy trying to keep their jobs

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Good Lord--they know if you take too long to fart. If you are sitting at a letter box for 30 to 45 minutes they know it. Its not a drivers job to tell them how to run their friggin business. Sit back-relax and enjoy the easy OT money. When someone questions you about it put on your best puzzled look, shrug your shoulders and say "that's just how the route is set up---you didn't make it that way----go ask who ever set the pick up times".

Last edited: