Step Van towing trailers

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
For most other contractors I would assume it best to just get a regular ol truck and tow a trailer behind it, unless you frequently need into the cargo area of the first car. I don't know the limit but it's probably close to 4-6 tons.

watdaflock?

Mag trucks -
The MT45 medium-duty step van has a payload capacity up to 10,000 pounds, which makes this a prime solution for freight delivery, Independent Contractor routes, local transport, service delivery, parcel delivery, and food trucks.
The MT55 offers a payload capacity of up to 19,000 pounds, making it a suitable choice for larger payload applications, like delivery and service contractor trucks.

Also try looking up Morgan Olson (grumman olson) as another step van option.

Last edited:

maverick5582

Mag trucks -
The MT45 medium-duty step van has a payload capacity up to 10,000 pounds, which makes this a prime solution for freight delivery, Independent Contractor routes, local transport, service delivery, parcel delivery, and food trucks.
The MT55 offers a payload capacity of up to 19,000 pounds, making it a suitable choice for larger payload applications, like delivery and service contractor trucks.

Also try looking up Morgan Olson (grumman olson) as another step van option.
I appreciate the input. The one thing that I need that I cannot find is the GCVWR of an MT45 with a 16 foot body. I do not need more than 9000 lbs carrying capacity. But I do need 6,000 lbs towing capacity. If The UPS step vans are doing this there has to be a GCVWR out there somewhere. I am gonna call LCD and Morgan Olson tomorrow. I thought every vehicle had a GCVWR as well as a GCWR which is always on the body.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I appreciate the input. The one thing that I need that I cannot find is the GCVWR of an MT45 with a 16 foot body. I do not need more than 9000 lbs carrying capacity. But I do need 6,000 lbs towing capacity. If The UPS step vans are doing this there has to be a GCVWR out there somewhere. I am gonna call LCD and Morgan Olson tomorrow. I thought every vehicle had a GCVWR as well as a GCWR which is always on the body.
3 tons of towing will be easy. The combined weight of the truck and trailer is what you need to research.
Buy a used Frito Lay truck with a 5.9 B Cummins motor. They never pulled or moved any weight (4 lb boxes of chips) and they'll last a long, long time.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You plan on moving some serious weed?

maverick5582

You plan on moving some serious weed?
You know I have tried real hard not to give away my intentions. But yes we are looking at an 18 ft. Freightliner MT45 ex bread truck with a 5.9 P pump 12 valve Cummings to convert the back into my new home and tow my toy around in my 20 ft enclosed trailer. Problem is no one has actually done it that I can find about on line. I wanted to put a plate in the pump and bring the hp/torque up to 230 hp/605 ft.lb. of usable torque. I would have thought this would be an excellent low cost approach. I must be thinking out of the box. I want to be able to cruise around 70 on the interstate. 14,500 gross and 6000 behind should not be a problem.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You know I have tried real hard not to give away my intentions. But yes we are looking at an 18 ft. Freightliner MT45 ex bread truck with a 5.9 P pump 12 valve Cummings to convert the back into my new home and tow my toy around in my 20 ft enclosed trailer. Problem is no one has actually done it that I can find about on line. I wanted to put a plate in the pump and bring the hp/torque up to 230 hp/605 ft.lb. of usable torque. I would have thought this would be an excellent low cost approach. I must be thinking out of the box. I want to be able to cruise around 70 on the interstate. 14,500 gross and 6000 behind should not be a problem.
Wear ear plugs.