Stick driving

Fnix

I don't care how tight it is. 200 stops is 200 stops. Ain't happening over here.

We got a junk route that is %80 tight resi with lots of DR apartments and middle income homes that goes out with 180-200 and you can get done at 6 with full lunch. People see the amount of stops and dont want it. Best kept secret.

Re-Raise

Driving these sticks is kind of fun better than these automatics in my opinion but they can be a bit slow though

image.gif

Over 70

If the stick was on the steering wheel it would be much more ergonomic. The dashboard awkward stick is ridiculous 300 times a day. Its not like it moves easily.

MC0493

We have so few standards left (2 i think) that it's actually a nice change. Once you get a good rhythm going, just use the clutch to start and stop and the hell with it after that. Slam those gears. They are all a bit too slow though which sucks. Don't think the newest ford cars have the shift inhibit problem which will be good.

Poop Head

Judge me.
We have so few standards left (2 i think) that it's actually a nice change. Once you get a good rhythm going, just use the clutch to start and stop and the hell with it after that. Slam those gears. They are all a bit too slow though which sucks. Don't think the newest ford cars have the shift inhibit problem which will be good.
I heard they are slow, and ugly as :censored2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Some of our automatic shifters are insanely difficult to move into position. almost need two hands to move it

and then you get the guys that tape the little lock button on the shifter down
I do that. Dirt and corrosion build up in the cable over time. Taping the button down allows me to use my fist to shift it into Drive rather than getting carpal tunnel by having to contort my wrist into an unnatural angle in order to press the button 300 times per day.

soberups

I drive an automatic 7 but when they pull it for maintainence I prefer a stick over one of those long skinny 7's with the scissor doors that have the turning radius of a school bus. The day I complain about driving a stick is the day I turn my man card in. All of our stick cars have power steering, adjustable full length seats and low steps. They are good work platforms. The people who bitch about them have obviously never had the pleasure of driving a P-600 or a GMC P-1000 with manual steering and high steps.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Preferring an automatic over a stick has nothing do with someone's man card.

It has been at least 15 years since I last drove a stick and I would hate having to go back to one.

soberups

The
Preferring an automatic over a stick has nothing do with someone's man card.

It has been at least 15 years since I last drove a stick and I would hate having to go back to one.
Our stick cars all have the 7.3 Powerstrokes and they are WAAAAAY faster than the automatics with the MB 4-cylinder or the 6 liter diesels. The cars themselves are also about 1200 pounds heavier which makes them perform much better in the mud or snow. So I do t mind driving them at all.