Still no change in 9.5

John Boy

Other than the hybrid drivers being created to help with "excessive overtime", the language stays the same. So for a center the size of mine (30 FT drivers) nothing is going to change. Seriously doubt there are going to be any hybrid drivers on the road that means they'll continue to load up floaters (myself) and younger guys with less than 4 years seniority. :censored2::censored2:

542thruNthru

Other than the hybrid drivers being created to help with "excessive overtime", the language stays the same. So for a center the size of mine (30 FT drivers) nothing is going to change. Seriously doubt there are going to be any hybrid drivers on the road that means they'll continue to load up floaters (myself) and younger guys with less than 4 years seniority. :censored2::censored2:

You know I wanted to say you're wrong but I just looked again and the same language is there. So you're right they didn't make it all FT drivers other then 22.4 will be able to get on 9.5 list. I could have sworn that was something they bragged about in a update.

542thruNthru

I thought the same thing until I read the contract. Nothing has changed about 9.5 requirements.

Found it. #12
Screenshot_20180710-222119.png

542thruNthru

I apologize but that language actually only pertains to building's that will have 22.4 drivers. So if you have none it's the same 9.5 language.

Complete BS

John Boy

Yeah, so centers such as mine that probably won't roll out the Hybrids for a while if at all are screwed. Have FT drivers laid off nearly on a daily basis. Still going to have the same issues we're having now.

DR7

Yeah I noticed the same thing. Only if 22.4 drivers are used is everybody able to utilize 9.5 protection.

I’m in a center similar to yours. 33 drivers but only 26 routes. We don’t have Saturday yet but I’m sure it’s coming.

It seems the only improvement is that they eliminated a step or two in the 9.5 process. I’m not sure if the 22.4 positions is a fair trade for that. Obviously the general consensus on here is that it isn’t.

Our steward actually laughed out loud when one of our guys brought up being automatically on the 9.5 list at our proposal meeting.

DOK

To be fair it is easier to get on the list, you can get on and off with a weeks notice, you notify your BABor that guy stewart to get on the list so there no intimidation by management. I’d say it’s better language but not as good as it could be.

Also to note, during the conference call, I don’t recall him mentioning even one time that the 22.4’s were being created to help reduce OT.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
To be fair it is easier to get on the list, you can get on and off with a weeks notice, you notify your BABor that guy stewart to get on the list so there no intimidation by management. I’d say it’s better language but not as good as it could be.
The manager will call everyone on the list and get the soft people to fold. Hell, I could already tell my steward or BA I want on the list. So nothing changed at all.

DOK

The manager will call everyone on the list and get the soft people to fold. Hell, I could already tell my steward or BA I want on the list. So nothing changed at all.

Really, here you have to be over 9.5 three times in one week, then you have to file a grievance to get on the list.

Appvol

The 9/5 language sucks. This week so far two 12hr days and today will be the 3rd. 36hrs in 3 days sucks when you start at 10am.Have to file and wait forever to get the penalty money.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
They are basically saying only hubs with 22.4 can afford to put everyone on the list.
Did they think such unfair practices would get overlooked by the membership. Whats good for my Brother is good for all of us! The rest is the companies problem.

No One on hwy9

Complete garbage that nothing got changed except the companies free week. If you don't want overtime you shouldn't have to work over 9.5 any days of the week. UPS totally games it and hammers you 2 days a week and maybe more then sends the guys they haven't hammered yet to bail out their desire to overdispatch on a daily basis. I'm a NO vote primarily because excessive overtime wasn't addressed

542thruNthru

Complete garbage that nothing got changed except the companies free week. If you don't want overtime you shouldn't have to work over 9.5 any days of the week. UPS totally games it and hammers you 2 days a week and maybe more then sends the guys they haven't hammered yet to bail out their desire to overdispatch on a daily basis. I'm a NO vote primarily because excessive overtime wasn't addressed

They are going to tell you excessive over time was addressed by having 22.4 drivers.

DOK

They are going to tell you excessive over time was addressed by having 22.4 drivers.

Yeah but Taylor didn’t mention that. I only see Ups hiring as many 22.4’s as there are routes run in the center. The pension contributions will limit the number they hire. In our center of 40 drivers there are 3 Saturday routes.