Stinky Uniforms

undies

This was my first summer with the new uniforms and boy do they retain my stink of the day. After I sweat just a little bit the smell comes out, like a moldy bunched up towel. Pretty gross. Never had this problem with the old Riverside stuff. Anyone have a similar problem? Or tips on getting the smell out? I'm not sure if using very hot water will ruin the uniforms!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This was my first summer with the new uniforms and boy do they retain my stink of the day. After I sweat just a little bit the smell comes out, like a moldy bunched up towel. Pretty gross. Never had this problem with the old Riverside stuff. Anyone have a similar problem? Or tips on getting the smell out? I'm not sure if using very hot water will ruin the uniforms!
I buy baking soda in bulk from costco, throw a few cups in with my usual laundry detergent. I don't know about the new driver uniforms, but it's always done the trick with the stink that 100 degree temps and 80% humidity brings down on me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
DIDO is right....Toss some baking soda into the wash....or I buy the Oxyclean powder and toss in scoop of that along with the laundry detergent...otherwise my work shirts get that old wet towel smell too.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Something about your post doesn't ring true. You said this is your first summer using Twin Hill unis and they weren't like the old Riverside ones. I believe UPS stopped using Riverside back in 2007 or 2008. At least down here in Texas where I worked. At any rate, like BNB58 says, do try Oxyclean, it works wonders. My wife swears by it. No, she *REALLY* swears by it. Every time she washed my browns, I could hear her in the laundry room. "&%$@? you and your funky wet dog smellin uniforms." lol

oldngray

nowhere special
I would sprinkle some baby powder or foot powder on the inside of uniforms. It helped keep them from sticking to me and cut odor.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Something about your post doesn't ring true. You said this is your first summer using Twin Hill unis and they weren't like the old Riverside ones. I believe UPS stopped using Riverside back in 2007 or 2008. At least down here in Texas where I worked. At any rate, like BNB58 says, do try Oxyclean, it works wonders. My wife swears by it. No, she *REALLY* swears by it. Every time she washed my browns, I could hear her in the laundry room. "&%$@? you and your funky wet dog smellin uniforms." lol
Lol It's true...if you just use regular laundry detergent...they seem clean..but when you put on the clean shirt and start sweating in it again...you can smell that wet dog/moldy towel smell...Oxiclean takes care of that!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would sprinkle some baby powder or foot powder on the inside of uniforms. It helped keep them from sticking to me and cut odor.
Baby powder cuts down on the chafing too....thats the worst in the summertime. For all you men who don't wanna smell like a baby's :censored2:...you can also use plain old cornstarch. Does the same thing without the scent...lol. Costco used to sell it in a big spice type shaker.

undies

I just had a baby and gained 20 pounds during FMLA. Had to retire my riversides. I was holding onto them as long as possible.