Stinky Uniforms

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
20 mule borax is helpful with the odor too

Sent using BrownCafe App
20 Mule Borax?
111b42ffe821e11afb1b5c57a1231359.jpg

I just used that stuff to treat a horrible weed problem. I have/had a lawn problem with Glechoma hederacea aka ground ivy aka creeping charlie taking over my lawn. Most weed killers that don't kill your lawn are pretty ineffective against this stuff. Charlie just laughs.

Researchers at Iowa State University discovered the right mixture of warm water with 20 Mule Borax sprayed/sprinkled over the area will stop Charlie from laughing. It also kind of yellows your lawn for a while, but doesn't permanently hurt the grass (but the borax remains in the soil). The only thing is once I killed Charlie I found that I had a bunch of bare spots where the weeds had choked out the grass so had to re-seed and apply fertilizer.

This is what creeping charlie looks like:

creepingCharlie1.jpg

UPSwife0174

I've been buying the poor-man's tide. They make an "economical" tide for peeps who can't afford the regular priced stuff. It works really well on my running clothes that get gross. So far, hubby hasn't had real uniform issues, just them getting tears in them. Apparently there is a "uniform freeze" going on, so he can't even get new ones ?? People are going to be getting a glimpse of a surprise package before too long.....