Stolen package, forged signature, is there anything we can do?

I am very sorry for your inconvenience. You need to call Apple back and ask them to initiate a claim for the missing i-Pad. They will then ask UPS to initiate a Driver Follow Up, which is our way of asking the consignee to verify whether or not they received the package. In your case, the DFU will be for Signature Denial. The DFU will also have a Google Earth image of the location of the DIAD, which is the "computer" the driver carries, at the time of delivery. As Scratch mentioned, the driver would need to be within 200 yards of your house for the delivery to be considered as having been made at the right address. As for the signature, the signature that was used to record the delivery will be on the DFU. You can also see the signature if you track the package at ups.com.

A driver forging a signature on a package could be grounds for termination so please make sure that you have your ducks in a row before going any further.

I would also like to apologize for the comments made by 407.
Yawn
You love to see your posts and sometimes I think you are a post.

DS

Fenderbender
Erm, no. I am not trying to run a scam. I'm pretty sure our UPS guy is, though.

Hey Rachel,firstly,thank you for using the browncafe.
Secondly,please realize that this site has nothing to do with corporate ups.
It is a gathering place for employees,ex employees,wannabe employees,
people married to employees,and ones that have no association at all except
that they think it's a darn cool website.

Accusing your driver here may be taken personally by some.
Theft is frowned upon by ups and it would be a very dumb move
to sign your husbands name and lose an $80k a year job over an I-pad.
If indeed your driver did this,he will be walked out in handcuffs.

I suggest you deal with apple about your loss.
I apologize for the service failure.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeaahh I kind of figured, but I don't particularly want to give out personal information just to prove something was shipped to me from apple, so unless it would somehow help in a way other than proving that I'm not a troll, I don't feel comfortable.

My husband did not leave a release at the door. He had me wait home to sign for it.

Interesting word choice.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Is troll a common word choice for a person looking for help on a stolen package? I don't go on other sites, so I don't know. I guess I could be looking for boogymen where there aren't any.

bbsam

Staff member
I think troll is a term loosely used when one believes a contributor to a web-site is posting under false or dubious pretenses. When I started at BC the term was used frequently. In fact I hold the honor of being on some peoples list of "favorite trolls" (an actual thread a couple years ago).

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think troll is a term loosely used when one believes a contributor to a web-site is posting under false or dubious pretenses. When I started at BC the term was used frequently. In fact I hold the honor of being on some peoples list of "favorite trolls" (an actual thread a couple years ago).

That was what made me question the validity of the OP. She was the one who brought up the term when she was the one looking for help. It just struck me as odd. But, it is hard for me to judge odd.:wink2:

As for trolls, I am sure some think of me as one. Maybe, they are right. Who knows? I've never contributed to any website before BC. If I hadn't needed help, I might never have discovered this little gem.:happy2:

I might look up the thread one day. Probably would be a fun read.:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Ok. Maybe it wasn't "favorite troll"...I could possibly be enhancing my percieved worth somewhat...alot.:happy2:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My apology to the OP was for your comments where you basically questioned her credibility. She came here asking for our help--if you did not want to help her perhaps you should have skipped this thread.
But you don't have a problem with the OP questioning her drivers credibility?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Based on what she presented--unfortunately, no. I don't think it was her regular driver--I think it was either an air driver or another driver delivering air on the way to his area. It would have been nice had she posted the tracking number but I understand why she chose not to. I hope that I am wrong and that the OP is trying to pull a fast one but I just don't see it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No, not at all. If the regular driver did not do this then he should not be offended either. Someone who had access to the Ipad forged a name (of course I am assuming that the customer is being honest - I have no reason not to). Based on the info, it seems logical to say it was a driver. That driver, if proven guilty, needs to be walked out in handcuffs.

Based on what she presented--unfortunately, no. I don't think it was her regular driver--I think it was either an air driver or another driver delivering air on the way to his area. It would have been nice had she posted the tracking number but I understand why she chose not to. I hope that I am wrong and that the OP is trying to pull a fast one but I just don't see it.
It makes no difference which driver it may have been. This type of action gives every one of us a bad rep. It is the ultimate betrayal of customer service which we survive on.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would prefer to believe the driver is innocent till proven guilty, as I have been accused and was innocent. The driver who was guilty didn't cash in the packages he was stealing, either. He couldn't handle the stress and was pitching the packages into the woods. True story. No one knows what happened.

I know my center is not the norm. :surprised:

It may have been signed. Perhaps a driver pulled up and a person was near the yard and he asked if he was "John Doe" instead of going up to the house and had him sign without seeing ID first.