Stolen package, forged signature, is there anything we can do?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You are fearless!
I read it carefully. IN my eyes it holds no liability because the form simply did not ask for a signature, nor did it say "I agree to all of the above information and blah blah blah"

It said "print name" and "date" at top, then all of the methods mumbo jumbo. Almost like a trick to get the person to write their name on it. Regardless, I never sign anything ; that was sarcastic but didn't come out well.

thessalonian13

I am very sorry for your inconvenience. You need to call Apple back and ask them to initiate a claim for the missing i-Pad. They will then ask UPS to initiate a Driver Follow Up, which is our way of asking the consignee to verify whether or not they received the package. In your case, the DFU will be for Signature Denial. The DFU will also have a Google Earth image of the location of the DIAD, which is the "computer" the driver carries, at the time of delivery. As Scratch mentioned, the driver would need to be within 200 yards of your house for the delivery to be considered as having been made at the right address. As for the signature, the signature that was used to record the delivery will be on the DFU. You can also see the signature if you track the package at ups.com.

A driver forging a signature on a package could be grounds for termination so please make sure that you have your ducks in a row before going any further.
Are you sure it's 200 yards? If she lives in a densely populated area, the driver could be 2 blocks away and do this. Just wondering

emulc

What about the tracking number idiot ??? The number of packages wouldn't mean a thing if the tracking numbers are still scanned in the Diad and. Changing the numbr of package isn't going to change anything.

The fraud is the people that think they can say they didn't thier package when they did. Some people sign for a package and still say they didn't get it. Usually becasue they could pay for the item. Those people get there address on the no delivery or pickup list.

The tracking number is given the the shipper and mostly communicated to the receiver. There is no way for me, at my job, to find out immediately what I signed for. And that makes me uncomfortable because you grungy ass UPS guys could add more packages to my signature without me ever knowing and I could get written up. It's already happened 3 times at my work so dont act like you know what you're talking about. You're probably not even a driver. Research "Electronic Signatures In Global and National commerce act" ESIGN and you will see that that act requires UPS to allow the recipient RECEIPT ON DELIVERY to verify the delivered parcels.

UPSGUY72

The tracking number is given the the shipper and mostly communicated to the receiver. There is no way for me, at my job, to find out immediately what I signed for. And that makes me uncomfortable because you grungy ass UPS guys could add more packages to my signature without me ever knowing and I could get written up. It's already happened 3 times at my work so dont act like you know what you're talking about. You're probably not even a driver. Research "Electronic Signatures In Global and National commerce act" ESIGN and you will see that that act requires UPS to allow the recipient RECEIPT ON DELIVERY to verify the delivered parcels.

apparently you can't count or more likely there is a thief working for your company.

packageguy

I will say this, my center has telematics and google earth, If there was anything going on with stealing the company would know. First when you sheet a package google and telematics puts you at a location, If that's not where you are suppose to be there is an arlam. Second, they put a trace on your truck ---- telematics tracks your every move. I have seen this when I was in the office representing a driver. Driver said he was not there. Then said that he was when they showed us google earth.

UPSGUY72

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is no way for me, at my job, to find out immediately what I signed for. And that makes me uncomfortable because you grungy ass UPS guys could add more packages to my signature without me ever knowing and I could get written up. It's already happened 3 times at my work so dont act like you know what you're talking about. Research "Electronic Signatures In Global and National commerce act" ESIGN and you will see that that act requires UPS to allow the recipient RECEIPT ON DELIVERY to verify the delivered parcels.

Are you slow or something? There is NO WAY for you to find out what you signed for? When you go to sign the Diad there is a number in the upper (right?) hand corner which will tell you how many packages you got, and if you can count, which according to your posts might be a daunting task for you, make sure that they are the same number! Another idea is what a lot of people do when you deliver to stores in a mall, they will sign and write the # of pieces that they got, so there is no discrepancy.

Although, in your case it seems like the UPS guy is out to get YOU fired! I'd find out where he lives and pay him a lesson if I were you....which is to say, stupid and paranoid.

And yes, I AM a driver so :raspberry-tounge:

UPSBluRdg03

Since you obviuosly cant count you should get with UPS and have them set up one of your computers with out Delivery Link program. Once you sign for the packages the driver will then have to link his DIAD with your computer and it will give you detailed info about every package he scanned and delivered to you during the stop each day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you obviuosly cant count you should get with UPS and have them set up one of your computers with out Delivery Link program. Once you sign for the packages the driver will then have to link his DIAD with your computer and it will give you detailed info about every package he scanned and delivered to you during the stop each day.

...or you can verify the count yourself by looking in the right hand corner of the DIAD as you are signing...

DS

Fenderbender
The tracking number is given the the shipper and mostly communicated to the receiver. There is no way for me, at my job, to find out immediately what I signed for. And that makes me uncomfortable because you grungy ass UPS guys could add more packages to my signature without me ever knowing and I could get written up.

Sir,with all due respect,if we "added packages" to what you signed for what would we do with them?
We would not be able to steal your stuff because they know our every move.
maybe you should find a way to find out immediately what you signed for.
By the way,please refrain from name calling if you ever come back.

Last edited: