Ok slightly different story here:

Thursday, I get an alert on my phone that my new motorcycle battery has been delivered to my house. I get home late from delivering other peoples packages all day and I don't see mine anywhere. This is not uncommon because I have 2 roommates who usually pick them up and bring them inside.

Saturday comes around and I finally get to ask my room mates and neither have seen the package. Oh man! So I cue up the security cameras. Sure enough about 25 minutes after the post man delivered the package, I see it walk away in some jerks hands. Now in credit to the USPS he put it behind a pot on our porch,out of sight as best he could. This jerk was out checking peoples trash and after he passed my house and stopped he must have caught a glimpse of the package while looking back.

I have cameras watching the street and my porch. You see him back up calmly get out of his car. He casually walks on to my porch with people home, grabs the box and walks back to his car. He tosses it in his car and drives off.

Now to the good part. I know that car. It is easily identifiable and I've seen it around. Sunday I get on my bicycle and ride around my neighborhood. I find the car, and make a note of the address. I go home home and call the Sheriffs office. They come out do they're thing and the guy ends up in jail on burglary charges with other charges pending. As of Monday night he is still sitting in jail on a $5000 bond. All over a very specific $50 motorcycle battery. I didn't get the battery back, but I get the joy of looking at his mugshot and laughing as I drive by his house leaving my neighborhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Packmule

So what you're saying is; wait long enough and sooner or later justice might actually happen? For once?
Good story!
However, this is why I put our household on permanent will call. Hey, I'm going there anyway!

Knothead

Yep.
MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg