Stool pigeon/tattletale

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wally, I understand that and used to believe that but as a swing driver, my thoughts have since changed after seeing one of my buddies get canned for an unreported that another swing driver caused. Rather than do a proper investigation and interview other drivers who might have had an answer, they just automatically assumed my buddy did it and fired him.

It was not until he got fired that all the rest of us including the offending swing driver, were like WTF? Thankfully the swing driver told both the mechanic and the local sort supe who both deemed it not a big deal. The point is the canned driver did not know the damage had been done or half ass reported and he got balled for it. Everything worked out good and my buddy got back pay for the error and lapse in communication but he learned a good lesson and that was to do a pre-trip and look for things like that. Now we all take pics if something new comes up that wasn't there before.

I guess that was my point being to CYA.
Are we talking scratches on the side, or big dents? No way we can help the sides with branches and parking inches together.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Are we talking scratches on the side, or big dents? No way we cam help the sides with branches amd parking inches together.

It was bigger than a scratch and just smaller than a gouge. Not big enough for bondo but too big for touch up. The driver tail swung one of those brown dumpsters with the hooks in the front.
images.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
If you cannot back the truck into a parking space at night with out hitting the truck next to you, maybe you need some time off to think about what poor driving skills you have...

just my thoughts...

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
You want to see them get really fired up

Leave some pizz bottles rolling around on the shelves
As a swing driver, there is nothing worse than a loaded piss bottle. You use to be able to look at the dvir and find the a hole who did it but can't now. To all newbies Dump after use

Future

Victory Ride
While parking mine at night ... I probably have half a inch on each side of me ....pole on one side pkg car on the other ..... in the am ....with the weight of the pkgs that have been loaded .... my truck is actually touching the pole or the truck next too me .....obviously making it very difficult not too rub against one of them ......I have shown my sup and center manager .....just in case

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While parking mine at night ... I probably have half a inch on each side of me ....pole on one side pkg car on the other ..... in the am ....with the weight of the pkgs that have been loaded .... my truck is actually touching the pole or the truck next too me .....obviously making it very difficult not too rub against one of them ......I have shown my sup and center manager .....just in case

At that point I would toss them the key fob and have them pull the pkg car out of the building.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you cannot back the truck into a parking space at night with out hitting the truck next to you, maybe you need some time off to think about what poor driving skills you have...

just my thoughts...
This coming from the same person who probably harps day in and day out about having 3 feet of space around a pkg car out on route, but then expect people to park in the building with 1/2 an inch space cushion at night...ridiculous, but not surprising coming from a low level supervisor like yourself...you really sound like a total joke...and the more you post on here it is becoming painfully obvious.