Stool pigeon/tattletale

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Need some opinions as to the way that a lot of drivers are getting fired from either the Carwash or Mechanics in our building .. Not to mention the mechanics are also union employees (but not teamsters ). The Carwash employees are Teamsters.. This has happened on more then one occasion. 3 drivers were back in a few days and some weeks and some TERMINATED! I am so sick of having little or no Solidarity in our building anymore ,even some drivers are against each other . How many times do you hear this ( wtf why do I have his work that’s bull:censored2: he is a lazy :censored2: )).lol. Back to the Carwash story to be honest most of the little dents and scrapes down the side of trucks are from either the Carwash parking vehicles or the irregular carts on the hub shifts . I seen a mechanic use a forklift on a new truck to lift back end up and move it in a lane ( that dented the whole bottom of where the forks are on forklift to bottom of truck ..,, But I would not tell my manager about to be a tattletale. These drivers are getting fired for not reporting a accident by the Carwash people or mechanics end of night saying “there is a new dent in this new truck .,,,., Really dude you are supposed to be my union brother

Dhydratd

But why should the carwash have it take the heat for what the driver did out on the road? Drivers are notorious for bringing trucks back to the building with cracked and broken mirrors and then trying to blame the car wash the next day.

Dhydratd

And don't blame your fellow brothers for this, you can blame UPS for creating an environment in which a cracked mirror is a major offense!

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
You want to see them get really fired up

Leave some pizz bottles rolling around on the shelves
Omg not to mention that. I forgot about that also. We had a driver fired for that and he was off two of the five days in that week and bottle was not his. He wanted a dna test done. Lol. He was out for a week till the labor manager and union BA brought him back.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
These drivers are getting fired for not reporting a accident by the Carwash people or mechanics end of night saying “there is a new dent in this new truck .,,,., Really dude you are supposed to be my union brother

If the driver who gets paid $35+ an hour, would do a proper pre-trip and document the scratches and dings and report them to the management team, as well as take a picture of any discrepancies, they might still have jobs. Just because we are all in the fake union doesnt mean that's a free pass to let someone else take the blame. Bet your ass I'm not losing my job because some "union brother" schvatz decided to not do their job properly by reporting damages.

Nike

Wow that's crazy OP, I can't recall seeing this in my building.
Why rat when most likely everyone involved can deny thus avoiding blame, how you gunna prove I made the dent when these trucks get driven by a half dozen people everyday.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow that's crazy OP, I can't recall seeing this in my building.
Why rat when most likely everyone involved can deny thus avoiding blame, how you gunna prove I made the dent when these trucks get driven by a half dozen people everyday.

Exactly. Our trucks were literally parked against each other our building was so packed. Probably 3 days out of 5 I would have a sup pull my truck out in the morning because it was touching the one next to it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Need some opinions as to the way that a lot of drivers are getting fired from either the Carwash or Mechanics in our building .. Not to mention the mechanics are also union employees (but not teamsters ). The Carwash employees are Teamsters.. This has happened on more then one occasion. 3 drivers were back in a few days and some weeks and some TERMINATED! I am so sick of having little or no Solidarity in our building anymore ,even some drivers are against each other . How many times do you hear this ( wtf why do I have his work that’s bull:censored2: he is a lazy :censored2: )).lol. Back to the Carwash story to be honest most of the little dents and scrapes down the side of trucks are from either the Carwash parking vehicles or the irregular carts on the hub shifts . I seen a mechanic use a forklift on a new truck to lift back end up and move it in a lane ( that dented the whole bottom of where the forks are on forklift to bottom of truck ..,, But I would not tell my manager about to be a tattletale. These drivers are getting fired for not reporting a accident by the Carwash people or mechanics end of night saying “there is a new dent in this new truck .,,,., Really dude you are supposed to be my union brother

They're just covering their butts.

They don't want the dents blamed on them, so they point them out to a sup before even moving the package car. Not really ratting someone out. He does not know who did it.

With this company now-a-days, it is CYA.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This all got worse in my building when they did away with drivers having “their own” package car everyday. You get a different one all the time now.

Gear

Parts on Order
I doubt its the mechanics. Most of us aren't afraid to be fired. Obviously the mech who used a forklift to pick up a vehicle doesnt care. You could side swipe another package car and I wouldn't care. Carwashers are good about covering things up to. Drivers are the ones running around scared about being fired. You guys are probably snitching on each other trying to save yourself.

Gear

Parts on Order
After replacing fuel tanks we use another package car to push the pc to the fuel pumps. Normally we're goofing around and it's more like bumper cars. Trying to give the other guy whiplash. You might want to look to your left and right for the problem.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If the driver who gets paid $35+ an hour, would do a proper pre-trip and document the scratches and dings and report them to the management team, as well as take a picture of any discrepancies, they might still have jobs. Just because we are all in the fake union doesnt mean that's a free pass to let someone else take the blame. Bet your ass I'm not losing my job because some "union brother" schvatz decided to not do their job properly by reporting damages.
Come on. We all know the trucks take a beating. Just slap paint on it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If I was working in that condition, I would CYA and take 4 pics of the PC on each side during my pretrip.
Sounds like the company had to pay for fixing excessive damages and put a fire under the management's seats.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Come on. We all know the trucks take a beating. Just slap paint on it.

Wally, I understand that and used to believe that but as a swing driver, my thoughts have since changed after seeing one of my buddies get canned for an unreported that another swing driver caused. Rather than do a proper investigation and interview other drivers who might have had an answer, they just automatically assumed my buddy did it and fired him.

It was not until he got fired that all the rest of us including the offending swing driver, were like WTF? Thankfully the swing driver told both the mechanic and the local sort supe who both deemed it not a big deal. The point is the canned driver did not know the damage had been done or half ass reported and he got balled for it. Everything worked out good and my buddy got back pay for the error and lapse in communication but he learned a good lesson and that was to do a pre-trip and look for things like that. Now we all take pics if something new comes up that wasn't there before.

I guess that was my point being to CYA.