Stop Completing Pickups

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's say you cover a route that has a pickup for a business that is closed on Fridays.
Do you go there every Friday, and stop complete the pickup?
Or go there and put it in as a non PU closed?
Or just put it in as a non PU closed wherever you are within the 30 minute window?

S

selfcancelsignal

I have 35 pickups on my route & when I bid it in April, I got about 5 businesses to become smart pick ups by simply printing off the info. from the UPS website & giving it to them & about 5 others. It saves businesses about $12 a week if they don't send much out. For all the ones I hate to drive to, I just do & when I come back to my PC w/o anything to pick up, I simply shake my head & say out loud in a controlled, but annoyed voice... smart pick up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our pickup compliance windows are now an hour long but most customers are not aware of the change. I guess it really doesn't matter when your driver just calls everyday instead of just doing his job.

This is only partially true. The +/- 15 has not changed. What has changed is Orion expands that to +/- 30.

Our center has not said a word about pickup compliance ever since we went on Orion.

porkwagon

Let's say you cover a route that has a pickup for a business that is closed on Fridays.
Do you go there every Friday, and stop complete the pickup?
Or go there and put it in as a non PU closed?
Or just put it in as a non PU closed wherever you are within the 30 minute window?
I have an Applbees on my route and they have a regular pick up account. They only ship on Wednesday for payroll. I only close out that pick up on Wednesdays and the rest of the week keep it pending They should go to smart pick up.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I have an Applbees on my route and they have a regular pick up account. They only ship on Wednesday for payroll. I only close out that pick up on Wednesdays and the rest of the week keep it pending They should go to smart pick up.
In my opinion.......if ups only wants you to go there on Wednesday they can put it in the diad that way and they can......that's management's decision not yours......if they have it in everyday I go everyday.....if you don't want to go everyday have them take it out so they can give you another stop that will have something everyday so you will be happy

In my opinion.......if ups only wants you to go there on Wednesday they can put it in the diad that way and they can......that's management's decision not yours......if they have it in everyday I go everyday.....if you don't want to go everyday have them take it out so they can give you another stop that will have something everyday so you will be happy
I have one Wednesday and one Thursday only pick up. Those pickups are in my board only on those days.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I seriously doubt that "many" drivers call their pickup customers
You're right--mine text me. Im on the 9.5 list and like to see my kids so allow one of my out of the way pickups to text me if they have nothing going out because it's instead 20 minutes I spend with the little guy and they're only little for a little while.

That being said if you don't have somewhere to be, you're giving away free money to ups by not going to your pickups. Also for those who stop complete the pickup away from the location, make sure your on-car says it's ok in front of a witness.

Wilson

Remember that falsify delivery or pickup records is dishonesty and a cardinal sin. If you stop/pickup completed and the GDP has you somewhere else they can fire you for dishonesty. UPS management has gotten hot for this and in fact make divers sign "delievery integrity" certification which clearly defines failure as dishonesty.

Drive to your stop or pickup location before you close them out. If you call and they wave you off them don't take credit for them. Leave them undone when you punch out. I rather get a warning letter for a missed pu then fired for dishonesty.

I have this issue a lot with"soft" holiday closes like Good Fridays or Veterans Day". Sometimes they tell their open but then when I get there they are closed. I just don't complete the pickup and punch out with them undone...even if they told me they would be open.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Remember that falsify delivery or pickup records is dishonesty and a cardinal sin. If you stop/pickup completed and the GDP has you somewhere else they can fire you for dishonesty. UPS management has gotten hot for this and in fact make divers sign "delievery integrity" certification which clearly defines failure as dishonesty.

Drive to your stop or pickup location before you close them out. If you call and they wave you off them don't take credit for them. Leave them undone when you punch out. I rather get a warning letter for a missed pu then fired for dishonesty.

I have this issue a lot with"soft" holiday closes like Good Fridays or Veterans Day". Sometimes they tell their open but then when I get there they are closed. I just don't complete the pickup and punch out with them undone...even if they told me they would be open.

Pickups that are closed can be closed out as closed. (Non-PU, closed)

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
My pickups , all 3, are on-area and if I get there early doing delivery they will tell me don't come back, we have nothing going out. I simply don't stop complete the pickup, never have heard a word about it