Stop Completing Pickups

youllbefine

It should be ok, until someone complains about you calling, instead of showing up. If they have given you the OK, then it should be fine. Or I should say it will be fine, until they need a reason to discipline you. Right now you are saving them time and money. But when they want to turn it around and use it on you, it would be the same as a flag stop. Procedure is to stop and check every pick up.

Orion is never feasible. You should make them eat Orion, if you think it wont work in your area.
Been on my route over 10 yrs. 15 pick ups about half of them are either flag stops , a simple text message , or a phone call from them ! Rarely do I ever call except for one seasonal business when I'm in a hurry or behind.. I stop complete them in my board at the time I get the message or phone call

StopTheAct

If you know your customers you know exactly how to deal with the situation.. but if you dont know them well, just drop by as expected.. and give them the service they pay for.... and thanxs to some of you guys throwing yourself under the bus, you know there is someone at coporate reading into this forum....

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Been on my route over 10 yrs. 15 pick ups about half of them are either flag stops , a simple text message , or a phone call from them ! Rarely do I ever call except for one seasonal business when I'm in a hurry or behind.. I stop complete them in my board at the time I get the message or phone call
As long as your in front of the stop when you stop complete it you will be ok.......if you stop complete away from the address you will be walked off and hopefully only get a suspension in hearing

youllbefine

If you know your customers you know exactly how to deal with the situation.. but if you dont know them well, just drop by as expected.. and give them the service they pay for.... and thanxs to some of you guys throwing yourself under the bus, you know there is someone at coporate reading into this forum....
If so thank you corporate for turning my miles from 90 a day to a 120 a day on the same route !!

reginald95

Remember that falsify delivery or pickup records is dishonesty and a cardinal sin. If you stop/pickup completed and the GDP has you somewhere else they can fire you for dishonesty. UPS management has gotten hot for this and in fact make divers sign "delievery integrity" certification which clearly defines failure as dishonesty.

Drive to your stop or pickup location before you close them out. If you call and they wave you off them don't take credit for them. Leave them undone when you punch out. I rather get a warning letter for a missed pu then fired for dishonesty.

I have this issue a lot with"soft" holiday closes like Good Fridays or Veterans Day". Sometimes they tell their open but then when I get there they are closed. I just don't complete the pickup and punch out with them undone...even if they told me they would be open.

So many paranoid people in this board. If you call your pickup at the pickup time and they say no they don't have a pick up than you're not falsifying any data. It's only dishonesty if you're chilling in your package car not actually working and making it seem like you are working by "calling your pickups and stop completing them."

Wilson

So many paranoid people in this board. If you call your pickup at the pickup time and they say no they don't have a pick up than you're not falsifying any data. It's only dishonesty if you're chilling in your package car not actually working and making it seem like you are working by "calling your pickups and stop completing them."

Of course its paranoid but I work for UPS, remember.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Never put my self under the bus and have calls and text messages to prove what I did
Lp ssys you must make a valid attempt to all del and pickups.......I said he called them they hsd nothing......lp said thats not the method, were you trained to call customers.....lp asked why would you lie in the diad and say you were at thst address........they said you shouldnt punch out the stop if you dont go there

Faceplanted

I have 2 pick ups on my route, both are a 15 min drive from my delivery area. Why would I call them up, save ups a good 10-15 miles and end up getting more delivery work to make my day plan out

You guys with pick ups way out of area, be happy u have them. Miles are your friend. You call them, don't go buy and you are giving dispatcher more the reason to give you another 10 or so stops to mKe up for the loss in daily mileage. It never amazes me how dumb the average driver is.

nystripe96

Thanks for the insight. You guys are right it's simply not worth calling them regardless if they likely won't have anything. Getting paid by the hour after all :)

AKCoverMan

Let's say you cover a route that has a pickup for a business that is closed on Fridays.
Do you go there every Friday, and stop complete the pickup?
Or go there and put it in as a non PU closed?
Or just put it in as a non PU closed wherever you are within the 30 minute window?
I write up a pickup change request to list the pup as mon-thu only so the stop won't be in board on fri.

Sometimes it works.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If your stop completing a stop when not at the address it comes up on a report......and is dishonesty......which is an offense you can be walked off for......I suggest going to the stop to complete it or not completing it at all
Incorrect.

The dishonesty happens when you are asked about the report and you give an untruthful answer.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Incorrect.

The dishonesty happens when you are asked about the report and you give an untruthful answer.
Dishonesty or falsifying both the same........if you are honest and say yes I wasn't at the address when I stop completed the stop......you will be walked off for dishonesty because you lied....you said you were at a location in the diad that you were never at

oldngray

nowhere special
Dishonesty or falsifying both the same........if you are honest and say yes I wasn't at the address when I stop completed the stop......you will be walked off for dishonesty because you lied....you said you were at a location in the diad that you were never at

There is a difference. There can be legitimate reasons why you didn't stop complete at that location - it could be as simple as forgetting to hit stop complete until after you left. Very different from deliberate dishonesty which is what falsifying records would be.