Strike pay and Insurance

542thruNthru

I think you could possibly be mistaken. It's different in different locations...
It's in the constitution. It covers everyone in every craft. Your local may have a separate strike fund that works differently but you will receive that on top of the IBT strike payment.

"Article XII, Section 14(a) The proposal increases the minimum amount of out-of-work benefits and provides for the payment of benefits from the first day of a strike as long as the strike and defense fund has at least $150 million at the start of the strike."

"Outofwork benefits in strikes recognized as properly subject to the payment of outofwork benefits or relief in cases of lockouts, etc., shall be paid to all members not in arrears for dues in excess of one (1) month and otherwise in good standing, who are members of a Local Union not more than one (1) month in arrears in per capita tax, at the rate of five (5) times the dues rate upon which per capita tax is calculated, with a minimum benefit of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) per week."

Thebrownblob

I think you could possibly be mistaken. It's different in different locations...
“Outofwork benefits in strikes recognized as properly subject to the payment of outofwork benefits or relief in cases of lockouts, etc., shall be paid to all members not in arrears for dues in excess of one (1) month and otherwise in good standing, who are members of a Local Union not more than one (1) month in arrears in per capita tax, at the rate of five (5) times the dues rate upon which per capita tax is calculated, with a minimum benefit of two hundred dollars ($200.00) per week. Provided the assets of the Strike and Defense Fund are above 150 million dollars on the day before a strike or lockout begins, such outofwork benefits will be payable beginning on the first (1st) day of a strike or lockout on a daily prorated basis. “

Thebrownblob

It's in the constitution. It covers everyone in every craft. Your local may have a separate strike fund that works differently but you will receive that on top of the IBT strike payment.

"Article XII, Section 14(a) The proposal increases the minimum amount of out-of-work benefits and provides for the payment of benefits from the first day of a strike as long as the strike and defense fund has at least $150 million at the start of the strike."

"Outofwork benefits in strikes recognized as properly subject to the payment of outofwork benefits or relief in cases of lockouts, etc., shall be paid to all members not in arrears for dues in excess of one (1) month and otherwise in good standing, who are members of a Local Union not more than one (1) month in arrears in per capita tax, at the rate of five (5) times the dues rate upon which per capita tax is calculated, with a minimum benefit of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) per week."
Sorry, I didn’t see you already posted this but I’m not sure what the other guy is getting at I think he confused, strike benefits with pension

Thebrownblob

Trying to explain that things actually work differently based on where you work. It is not the same everywhere even if your hero tries to tell you something different.
1674445241835.png

It’s really not hard to keep up here you asked about strike benefits.

Whereistheunion

Does anyone have info on what our strike pay (part time and full time) would be and a temp health insurance plan if needed? We have a few non due paying members we are working on-obviously they dont get strike pay?
Unless you file short term disability or FMLA none of us will have insurance after being on strike a full week. Our teamcare plans are effective only while working. For (example) if your off "unscheduled"a week and break your leg the following Tuesday you will not have insurance coverage.

Thebrownblob

Unless you file short term disability or FMLA none of us will have insurance after being on strike a full week. Our teamcare plans are effective only while working. For (example) if your off "unscheduled"a week and break your leg the following Tuesday you will not have insurance coverage.
Wrong, Teamcare has already informed locals and joint councils they will cover all striking union members for the duration of any strike

Johney

It’s rather odd. Honestly, there’s a shortage of CDL drivers and a shortage of work at the big carriers 🤷‍♂️
I'm pretty sure the shortage of CDL drivers is OTR not local. I applied at quite a few before I got the job I have now and only got a couple of calls for local work but a crap ton of calls from OTR companies.

Johney

Wrong, Teamcare has already informed locals and joint councils they will cover all striking union members for the duration of any strike
Until all the scabs take over and UPS no longer contributes and they run out of money. Which brings up another question what happens to retirees on Teamcare if the scabs take over? Asking for a friend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Still makes me nervous with the amount of giant $70,000 trucks used only to drive to work in the parking lot L O L
Major scrambling will be happening the second no pay is coming in. Most in our union have never experienced a strike.