Strike pay and Insurance

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wrong, Teamcare has already informed locals and joint councils they will cover all striking union members for the duration of any strike
How much money they have in reserve to keep paying? If I'm the company, I freeze sending that check for the duration.

Thebrownblob

How much money they have in reserve to keep paying? If I'm the company, I freeze sending that check for the duration.
I don’t remember the exact amount, but I do remember they had around 36 months worth of reserves to pay if necessary naturally, that won’t be necessary. Teamcare one of the best run healthcare plans in the nation. And I hope UPS is silly enough to not fulfill their obligations so they get sued.

Thebrownblob

Major scrambling will be happening the second no pay is coming in. Most in our union have never experienced a strike.
Most of the union members in 1997 have not experienced much more than a couple of days strike what’s your point? We are certainly in a better spot. As far as the amount of money people will get and the benefits they will receive when we were in 1997. None of us can control people who are careless with there money. Those people have always been a problem.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Most of the union members in 1997 have not experienced much more than a couple of days strike what’s your point? We are certainly in a better spot. As far as the amount of money people will get and the benefits they will receive when we were in 1997. None of us can control people who are careless with there money. Those people have always been a problem.
My point is I do not have faith that our side has the resources to hold out long. I see expensive cars, hefty mortgage, etc. Some even have student loans.

Thebrownblob

My point is I do not have faith that our side has the resources to hold out long. I see expensive cars, hefty mortgage, etc. Some even have student loans.
Relax this is no different than any other time in history or any other company, what it will come down to is, is the job worth having if the company is not going to adequately and fairly compensate us. Cooler heads usually prevail and I have confidence in the leader ship, and I also have confidence in our ability to stick together. The very idea that teamcare has decided to cover us Is a boost for us. The company cannot starve us out of healthcare. If this contract negotiation time does nothing else, it will hopefully wake up some of the newer people to the idea of putting some money away to help. Make sure they’re able to withstand pressure from the company. That’s what all good union members should be doing.

Karma...

I was on strike in 1976 for 3 months...Sept to December.........consider.......that was when the stock was held by management and not subject to public interest.......now with it being public it's questionable how long the management and union can hold out.......as always its a question of money.....consider that most of retired management and current management have diversified and have little/no stock........so go ahead and strike......the price will go down and people will buy back in .....make my day.

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I wonder how teamcare is going to handle Non teamster union members that honor the strike if it happens. My union ( IAM) is going to honor the strike and wants us to walk the line but it looks like no strike pay or insurance.