Strike

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
No,I do not think we will strike.I can see a subpar offer being voted down,then work under old agreement till just enough give in for the retro check.
1EEFDA4C-9B0D-447E-8F23-F12A45859E11.gif
0C4EF489-95C3-46F8-B5A0-6C0BA843ADFA.gif

cachmeifucan

No,I do not think we will strike.I can see a subpar offer being voted down,then work under old agreement till just enough give in for the retro check.
Yep sounds about right I bet they extend the bonuses. They are hiring many new hires to bad they all quit. They are probably trying to hire many yes votes to cancel out all the long term employees who see the garbage and vote no

Tony Q

I think you will be very surprised by this contract. It has something for almost everybody. Keep an open mind. This way you can vote your conscience and aren't backed into a corner when it comes out. I know working for UPS all these years conditions us to prepare for the worst, but you could be surprised by the TA, when it happens.

dogs.bite.me

I think you will be very surprised by this contract. It has something for almost everybody. Keep an open mind. This way you can vote your conscience and aren't backed into a corner when it comes out. I know working for UPS all these years conditions us to prepare for the worst, but you could be surprised by the TA, when it happens.
Mind is open, but I'm not very optimistic....

bowhnterdon

Does it address retiree health care?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If we walk out. The layoffs will be massive
I'd honestly be interested to see what it looked like after a couple months back.

Yes we have more competition now but volume is thru the roof across all shipping companies. The economy is humming and it's more dependent than ever on us.

And in the past strikes customers were used to waiting 4-6 weeks for a catalog order. Now people are mad if it isn't there in 2 days.

I'd honestly be interested to see what it looked like after a couple months back.

Yes we have more competition now but volume is thru the roof across all shipping companies. The economy is humming and it's more dependent than ever on us.

And in the past strikes customers were used to waiting 4-6 weeks for a catalog order. Now people are mad if it isn't there in 2 days.
Hopefully we won't have to find out.

cachmeifucan

We all know that a strike isn't a good option for union or company. Even when the contract gets voted down a strike won't be a option. So what leverage do we have with a weak national. I will be a no vote unless we get more 22.3 jobs that don't include driving. To be filled in first year not the last year.

cachmeifucan

Almost 4% growth in the 2nd quarter of this year and projections is that 4% growth in 3rd quarter. Ups is currently reinvesting the profits so they won't have to show over 6 billion profit and still ask me to take a split raise.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How about everyone.... take a deep breath ?
People are just fed up that we are a little over a month out and have essentially heard nothing.

They waited too long to start negotiations. The union waited too late to take a strike authorization vote. And in
General Hoffa has given a substantial amount every ups contract he's been president for.

These are a few of the reasons some have legitimate concerns.

People are just fed up that we are a little over a month out and have essentially heard nothing.

They waited too long to start negotiations. The union waited too late to take a strike authorization vote. And I'm
General Hoffa has given a substantial amount every ups contract he's been president for.

Seriously . A lot of people want to walk out, just to stick it to the company.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

They waited too long to start negotiations. The union waited too late to take a strike authorization vote. And in

Me too and to this point the union leadership has given me no reason to believe that it won't be a subpar contract

What have you done.... to affect a change ?

Talk smack ?

-Bug-