Strike

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll definitely take the money, others don't want to work those excessive hours.

As far as creating more jobs, highly unlikely.
How many people did they hire to help with Saturday ground? =0

The stops keep going up and they find new ways to cut more routes.
And that's all they had to tell the union. Told them oh Saturday will create so many more full time jobs blah blah blah

Hook,line and sinker

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
UPS has had PT and Art 22.3 air drivers delivering ground almost everyday for years. Th only difference being they are paid top driver rate.
And that’s a huge difference and should stay that way I believe. That doesn’t happen here that’s much anymore. They would rather have missed ground than pay a air driver top rate to deliver it. Picking up ground is different. They will bend for tha

PT Car Washer

And that’s a huge difference and should stay that way I believe. That doesn’t happen here that’s much anymore. They would rather have missed ground than pay a air driver top rate to deliver it. Picking up ground is different. They will bend for tha
Air drivers delivering ground is a feast or famine job. Either working 12 hour days or 3 hour days.

How they did not see that coming is beyond me.
Poor planning. They are delivering certain zip codes and not individually picking the stops.
If they really want Saturday to work, they need to completely do the whole thing over. How about the businesses that are closed on Monday but open on Saturdays?

It would make way too much sense to deliver them on Saturday instead of having them as a send again on Tuesday

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I believe the population growth with expanding housing developments and the explosion of e-commerce will create the need for more jobs to offset the jobs stolen from excessive OT in the future. Plus I would imagine some would look at a loss in OT as a pay cut. An hour a day to get home to see the family is still 12 grand a year.
I'll give them 24 grand a year to be home two hours earlier. Many of us just don't want the overtime.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Everyone has different needs. They should have two lists. One for people that don't want the excessive hours and in for those who want the extra hours.
Why did you go from "excessive" to "extra" because they are entirely different? under 9.5 is extra hours, not excessive OT. People shouldn't be able to pick and choose their work load and paychecks. There should be no one over 9.5 ever unless it is considered extra work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why did you go from "excessive" to "extra" because they are entirely different? under 9.5 is extra hours, not excessive OT. People shouldn't be able to pick and choose their work load and paychecks. There should be no one over 9.5 ever unless it is considered extra work.
The work is there people should absolutely be able to choose their work load and paychecks. Every factory in America has sign up sheets for extra work. This would be no different.

Im just saying things might go a little smoother if they listened to the employees. Some people want the extra money, some don't.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm not optimistic. I feel the company has gotten concessions so many contracts in a row that they expect it.

And I think the employees are so sick of giving they won't stand for it.
Think employees are just tired of being treated like a pack mule everyday beyond what this job really needs to be....their attitude towards us and the blatant disregard for our safety is what really gets me mad...people are just fed up

Indecisi0n

Think employees are just tired of being treated like a pack mule everyday beyond what this job really needs to be....their attitude towards us and the blatant disregard for our safety is what really gets me mad...people are just fed up
I agree. There are times I don't mind being degraded but not at work.

I'm
Just saying just because it's common at your center doesn't mean it's wide spread.

Almost never happens here. Maybe I'm
The exception. Maybe you're exception. I don't know.
It’s more common than you think. Many air drivers will touch ground and not get paid driver rate.