Strike

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
The only concessions worthy striking over is a cut/freeze in pay or a major cut in medical like a weekly employee contribution. With the company making billions in profits I don’t see that happening. I’m sorry but excessive OT while some may say is unsafe, is still a economic gain. 25 to 30 grand a year extra in OT is more than some folks in this country make gross. Nobody is striking over making to much money. Harassment is nothing new and hasn’t changed much in the 30 years I’ve seen. Again no reason to strike. Now screwing with full time ground driving jobs by letting partimers do it is a pending disaster for the future strength of the union. That can’t happen. I think the big question is hybrid full time drivers making less money so guys with seniority don’t have to work weekends. If they sell this poroperly and give a little on the 9.5 violations so you make even more money on overtime then I believe it will pass with another 5 bucks over 6 year deal.

The only concessions worthy striking over is a cut/freeze in pay or a major cut in medical like a weekly employee contribution. With the company making billions in profits I don’t see that happening. I’m sorry but excessive OT while some may say is unsafe, is still a economic gain. 25 to 30 grand a year extra in OT is more than some folks in this country make gross. Nobody is striking over making to much money. Harassment is nothing new and hasn’t changed much in the 30 years I’ve seen. Again no reason to strike. Now screwing with full time ground driving jobs by letting partimers do it is a pending disaster for the future strength of the union. That can’t happen. I think the big question is hybrid full time drivers making less money so guys with seniority don’t have to work weekends. If they sell this poroperly and give a little on the 9.5 violations so you make even more money on overtime then I believe it will pass with another 5 bucks over 6 year deal.
More over time equals less job, less people putting into the pension and the healthcare and also less union members that pay dues.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And this is precisely why some have as much disdain for union leadership as management.

Bring concerns to them about the way things are being done and the response.......piss off what have you done about it.

Thanks, for voicing your petty little concerns.

You know.... the ones.... you didn't have the guts to deal with yourself.

-Bug-

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
More over time equals less job, less people putting into the pension and the healthcare and also less union members that pay dues.
I believe the population growth with expanding housing developments and the explosion of e-commerce will create the need for more jobs to offset the jobs stolen from excessive OT in the future. Plus I would imagine some would look at a loss in OT as a pay cut. An hour a day to get home to see the family is still 12 grand a year.

I believe the population growth with expanding housing developments and the explosion of e-commerce will create the need for more jobs to offset the jobs stolen from excessive OT in the future. Plus I would imagine some would look at a loss in OT as a pay cut. An hour a day to get home to see the family is still 12 grand a year.
I'll definitely take the money, others don't want to work those excessive hours.

As far as creating more jobs, highly unlikely.
How many people did they hire to help with Saturday ground? =0

The stops keep going up and they find new ways to cut more routes.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I'll definitely take the money, others don't want to work those excessive hours.

As far as creating more jobs, highly unlikely.
How many people did they hire to help with Saturday ground? =0

The stops keep going up and they find new ways to cut more routes.
Well to be honest, Saturday ground so far is just spreading the same butter over a bigger piece of toast so I never saw that as a a reason to create more jobs until (if ever) it created more volume

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thanks, for voicing your petty little concerns.

You know.... the ones.... you didn't have the guts to deal with yourself.

-Bug-

Are we supposed to deal with our concerns ourselves, or are we not supposed to go to the union with them? I thought the union was there to hear our concerns and help UT to correct them?