Stuff like this happens more often than it should

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You guys had a lot of angst to get rid of last night LOL

You feel dishonest doing something you're told, take a pic of message and document it.
You're not going to get fired for sheeting a package the way they tell you
Actually, you get fired for not working as directed
You can do what they say and still call the ethics hotline, it's not either or

They put their ass on the line by sending the message over the diad, not yours.

Actually, you can get a warning letter for not working as directed.

You can also file a grievance; being instructed to falsify delivery records is a violation of Article 37's prohibition on over-supervision, harassment and coercion.

The bottom line is that we don't have to mindlessly obey every little message that comes to us through the DIAD.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Interesting. In what cases would the hammer come down on a driver should he falsify a record while working as directed?
Who is truly accountable?
That's a question you probably don't ever want to learn the answer to.

If the customer tracks the package, calls in a complaint, and makes a big enough stink about it, then at some point Loss Prevention could get involved. Loss Prevention is a separate entity, totally outside of the operations management structure, and if you ever wind up in a situation where you are sitting in the office and being questioned by them you will damn well want to be telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Loss Prevention will fire a lying management person just as quick as they will fire a lying hourly.

Its really simple. Tell the truth. Scan all packages honestly. If its missed it is missed.

Raw

Raw Member
What if it is closed? I`m more concerned about sheeting the pkg as closed when I`m not in front of building with the GPS red flag on the daily reports.......

The Driver

I drive.
What if it is closed? I`m more concerned about sheeting the pkg as closed when I`m not in front of building with the GPS red flag on the daily reports.......

My thoughts exactly. I think, being new, I'd send in a message asking them if it's okay to sheet as closed even though I'm not at the delivery point and take pictures of each message with a timestamp on the photo.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The real problem with "Sheeting" is UPS itself. The countless "LISTS" that the center has to comply with creates a culture of dishonesty within the supervisory ranks.

NONE of them want to appear on any of these lists. Supervisors will tell us to:

late air?? no problem, weather delay, even here in sunny california.

after 5pm business? no problem, sheet as "NOT READY " and bring back to center.

off area misload? no problem, sheet as "LABEL TORN OFF" and bring back to center.

Cant make service on a 1030am NDA? No problem, change the zip code to a 12 noon area and deliver.

Think this is untrue?

Then you dont work for UPS.

Maybe if ATLANTA spent some time with us drivers, they would see it all.

Whats the saying?

Get the big picture! Stay back and see it all!

TOS.