stupid people

Inthegame

tomorrow is my 30th day and my sup is going with me not only because its my 30th day but also because i have to apologize to a stupid obese rude girl that works a counter at a local hotel who called in and said i was rude and that i "throw" packages down and that she doesnt want me on the property anymore, am i going to encounter stupid people like this over the next 30 years? i mean its been less then 30 days and there is already drama.
I'm pretty sure you won't have to put up with these people very long. Tomorrow may be the last time.
Rocket, is this you again?

barnyard

KTM rider
You sure hes not going along to finish the route? Customer complaints in the first 30 days is no big deal?

My thinking is that unless he burns the route up, impresses the supe with his 10 pt and all that other stuff, plus grovels in a professional manner, he will not make seniority.

rocket man

tomorrow is my 30th day and my sup is going with me not only because its my 30th day but also because i have to apologize to a stupid obese rude girl that works a counter at a local hotel who called in and said i was rude and that i "throw" packages down and that she doesnt want me on the property anymore, am i going to encounter stupid people like this over the next 30 years? i mean its been less then 30 days and there is already drama.
I belive you were nice. why would you get the idea that we dont belive you (I hope she has a HUSBAND THE POUNDS THE CRAP OUT OF YOU. KEEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF EVEN ON THIS SITE TO. lets us no how day 60 goes

Last edited:

hypocrisy

Banned
Hide fudge cookies behind her counter when she's not looking and then call in an irate complaint to her Corporate office that she was all nasty fudge-faced when she was checking you in.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I find that some complaints are from customers who get drivers who are too pushy during the delivery......trying to get in and out in 2 seconds and push the diad in their face for a signature....I wonder where the drivers get this from????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

wow, i can remember drivers being DQ'd in their first 30 days for serious customer complaints. I had a center manager tell me many years ago he'd rather 'seperate the wheat from the chaff' during the first 30 to eliminate any potential future Customer problems. I guess the times have changed.

The times have not changed that much. Rude hourlies during your probation period are a huge deal. If you are anything at all like what you have posted here you are going to have a very short driving career.

Indecisi0n

6thsense.jpg

HULKAMANIA

UPS is having to realize that not many people want to work this hard anymore. Older generations were taught that hard work went a long way. Younger people dont know how to work hard. They are raised infront of a tv and have no idea what it means to go to bed everyday dog tired. Whats sad is Im in that younger generation. I grew up on a farm though so I know what it means to work long hours and to work very hard. If UPS disqualified people in their first 30 like that, there wouldnt be no future in UPS.

wow, i can remember drivers being DQ'd in their first 30 days for serious customer complaints. I had a center manager tell me many years ago he'd rather 'seperate the wheat from the chaff' during the first 30 to eliminate any potential future Customer problems. I guess the times have changed.

No ryan. You wont have to experience those kinds of people for the next 30 years. If you judging your CUSTOMERS in such a fashion, in such a poor manor, within your first 30 days then I say you wont make it a year.

danielpm1989

you'll always have stupid people who think their job is the hardest job in the world! the same way you think yours is the hardest job in the world. She was probably upset about her day and "dealing with rude customers".....and you were upset about your day and "dealing with rude customers". its a powder keg