STUPIDLY

tieguy

Banned
Hannity and others like him hide behind the American flag and use it as a tool try to convince and reassure a segment of the population that they are the great americans and anybody who disagree's with their warped views is anti-american.

And some on your side of the political spectrum use any and all opportunities to bash their country.

I'll take the guy that supports his country over the basher any day.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
OK, I just read this and now I'm madder than hell.

Did you know good ol' Professor Gates has a new book out?

It now appears this was a huge publicity stunt to sell Gates' book. Sgt Crowley was an innocent victim of a publicity stunt.

Disgusting.

As I have stated before, all Gates had to do was keep his mouth shut.
As this article shows , he can't.
Note to Gates............your 15 minutes are up. Now go away.

wkmac

Gore Vidal wrote a piece about the situation with Officer Crowley and Professor Gates over at Truthdig. As Gore is known, he didn't mince words or hold back and I found his thoughts rather interesting going beyond the officer, the professor and even Obama to a much deeper issue.

Sometimes we forget it's all like looking at a picture that contains an illusion.

At first you see this
art_illusions_181.jpg

But look at it differently and you see this

images

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Gore Vidal is always a pleasure to read, even if I don't agree with everything he says. Thanks for the link :happy2:

tieguy

Banned
Gore Vidal wrote a piece about the situation with Officer Crowley and Professor Gates over at Truthdig. As Gore is known, he didn't mince words or hold back and I found his thoughts rather interesting going beyond the officer, the professor and even Obama to a much deeper issue.

Sometimes we forget it's all like looking at a picture that contains an illusion.

At first you see this
art_illusions_181.jpg

But look at it differently and you see this

images

Deep seated paranoia perhaps? I like the reference to the corporal as if the police officer in cambridge was another hitler.

My goal in life is to end it without these types of fears eating at me. Gore seems open minded pehaps he should have taken some time to ride with some inner city police officers and experience their issues and fears before he dismissed them all as nazi's.